Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: ?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Not your business, stay out of it

7 23.33%
  • Give Timmy a heads up

13 43.33%
  • Bang Susan

2 6.67%
  • Bang Timmy's Wife

1 3.33%
  • Bang Susan and Timmy's Wife at the Same Time

6 20.00%
  • Custom: See in Thread Below

1 3.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Administrator

Yes | No

High School Gossip: Adult Edition

Heard a rumor from one friend (Susan) about another friend (Timmy)

Susan and Timmy are loosely acquainted, but not good friends

I'm pretty close to both of them

Susan tells me that she heard Timmy is cheating on his wife, but asks me not to say anything to Timmy about it

Timmy is a good friend of mine, and this seems completely out of character for him

I'd like to give him a heads up that this stuff is out there, but I also feel like it's not my business to get involved

What would the Wheat Recommend?

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    I voted to give Timmy a head's up, but I'll caveat that here. If Timmy is the kind of guy who is going to get pissed at you when you don't tell him that Susan told you about it, which you cannot do, then stay out of it. But, he's your good friend, so in the abstract you should tell him I think. I am of course assuming that you asked Susan about where she was getting her information from too.

Soft

Yes | No
    Where's the "Bang Timmy" option?

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    Where's the option for "Bang Susan, Timmy, Timmy's wife, and Timmy's dog?"

(FWIW, the "real" answer would depend on Susan. Is she known as a gossiper that spreads false shit around the office? If so, either stay out of it or confront Susan on how she "knows" this information. (Stay out of it is probably the better option).

Is she a reliable source of information, normally? If so, I'd see if I could engage Susan in a conversation that might lead to information on the truthfulness of the info; the other option is to tell Timmy and let him handle it.

Frankly, if Timmy is having an affair, that's Timmy's business, unless you are also friends with Timmy's wife.

Any time these situations come up, it is almost ALWAYS best to steer clear, unless you have some personal involvement in the family.
    Grammar Police: To Correct and Serve -- Every time you misspell a word, the errorists win.

Yes | No
    Susan "heard" Timmy was cheating, so it must be true.

Yes | No
    did you change their names or are their names Timmy and Susan?

Also is Susan hot? That's the big question that needs to be answered.

Magic Grue Trainer/Author

Yes | No

High School Gossip: Adult Edition

My policy is to never get involved in other people's business unless it has a direct impact on my life. And by "direct impact" I mean increasing my odds of the TC-aforementioned banging of Susan and/or Timmy's wife.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapadatass
    It's pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Administrator

Yes | No
    Yes, qwerty, names changed to protect the innocent, or not so innocent

Susan is not one to go gossiping, that's the only reason I'm somewhat considering the fact that it may be true

To your point, Greg, Timmy is a laid back guy and I can't imagine that this is true....I doubt he'd get pissed, I can probably tell him without telling him my "source"....cause really, that doesn't matter

Yes | No
    Stay out of it. Don't get involved in drama unless you have to, and as long as you have a choice, you don't have to.

Yes | No
    Would you want to know if people were saying that about you and it wasn't true? I would want to know. If it was my good friend, I would have no problem asking him about it. If it were true, then that's another conversation we will be having.

Yes | No
    If someone starts telling me stuff like that about someone I know, I then to cover my ears and say, "la la la, I can't hear you" and walk away.

Point Forward

Yes | No
    If I were Timmay, I'd want to know that this rumor was going around and I'd expect someone I call a close friend to tell me.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTCShore View Post
    Where's the option for "Bang Susan, Timmy, Timmy's wife, and Timmy's dog?"

(FWIW, the "real" answer would depend on Susan. Is she known as a gossiper that spreads false shit around the office? If so, either stay out of it or confront Susan on how she "knows" this information. (Stay out of it is probably the better option).

Is she a reliable source of information, normally? If so, I'd see if I could engage Susan in a conversation that might lead to information on the truthfulness of the info; the other option is to tell Timmy and let him handle it.

Frankly, if Timmy is having an affair, that's Timmy's business, unless you are also friends with Timmy's wife.

Any time these situations come up, it is almost ALWAYS best to steer clear, unless you have some personal involvement in the family.
    )

I might be a little OCD....

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    If you get involved, you no longer get to ever say "I don't really like drama, I try to avoid it."

(21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

Yes | No
    In all seriousness, I really do make it a policy to stay out of other people's shit-shows unless it impacts my life. People's lives tend to be far too complicated for me to assume I know enough about a certain situation to warrant meddling.

Double Secret M0derator
    Twitter
    TheNewCzar

Yes | No
    We need pics of Timmy's wife to clarification.

I have a gut feeling that Susan is telling you this to see if you can keep a secret. That's because she secretly wants to bang you and is testing your ability to keep things on the down low.

I would not spread this around and I would not talk about this to Timmy. I'd keep this to myself and watch how things play out. Don't be a pawn in anyone's game. And, don't bang Susan. I did a quick NSA search on you and the people you work with, she's crazy.
    How many Lowes could Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowes?

Adm1n1str8t0r

Yes | No
    voted for the threesome option

irl would say "my name's Paul, and this is between y'all"

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by The42Yardstick View Post
    voted for the threesome option

irl would say "my name's Paul, and this is between y'all"

BETTER IDEA. Call into the Finebaum show and ask him for advice. Pawwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllll

Adm1n1str8t0r

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    BETTER IDEA. Call into the Finebaum show and ask him for advice. Pawwwwwwwwwlllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllll
    Does this make Joe the bagman?

Administrator

Yes | No
    If you get involved, you no longer get to ever say "I don't really like drama, I try to avoid it."
    I don't think I've ever said this in my life, nor would I

That said, I'm meeting up with Timmy this weekend in Tulsa, so we'll see if anything of interest comes up

Yes | No
    If nothing else, you could say "I'm going to say my piece and then drop it. There are rumors out there about you. I don't care one way or the other, and I'm not getting into them with you or anyone else. But be aware and get your shit in line if there's anything you're doing that is rumormill worthy. I won't ask, and I expect the same from you. It is now dropped."

Administrator

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by KUGDI View Post
    If nothing else, you could say "I'm going to say my piece and then drop it. There are rumors out there about you. I don't care one way or the other, and I'm not getting into them with you or anyone else. But be aware and get your shit in line if there's anything you're doing that is rumormill worthy. I won't ask, and I expect the same from you. It is now dropped."
    This is kinda where I was leaning, "I don't know what's going on, I heard some stuff and i'm 270 miles away, get your shit in order"

Point Forward

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by KUGDI View Post
    This would be a good way to handle it.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Timmy doesn't like misunderstandings. Timmy and misunderstandings...kinda clash.
    (01:48:08) samandbendriveme: alright....later guys....i gotta go let someone suckle my teet

http://www.wavingthewheat.com/misc/HiD.jpg

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Norris View Post
    This is kinda where I was leaning, "I don't know what's going on, I heard some stuff and i'm 270 miles away, get your shit in order"
    Man, I couldn't disagree more. Unless you want to fuck Timmy yourself and you are jealous because you heard a rumor he might be fucking someone who isn't his wife but also isn't you, then you should stay the hell away from this. You aren't Timmy's dad, and even if you were, Timmy's dad shouldn't be telling him who to fuck. Couple that with the fact that you don't know if any of this is even true, there is no reason that I can possibly conceive that you should feel compelled to weigh in on who your friend is maybe, perhaps, rumored-to-be fucking not his wife.

Yes | No
    That's a legit concern.

The problem is that if you don't say anything and Timmy isn't doing anything, you're letting his name get dragged through the mud for no good reason. Maybe Susan made a pass at Timmy and he rejected her, so to get back at him she thinks to ruin his name and relationship. And if he is pounding Sally on the side, he needs to get gone or get better at hiding it.

If something came up attached to my name, I'd want to know. Justified or not. Maybe I'm an adult though, in a world of petulant brats.
    Last edited by KUGDI; 08-10-2017 at 05:56 PM.

Yes | No
    If Timmy is a close friend it wouldn't even cross my mind to not tell him. I wouldn't assume it's true. I wouldn't think I deserved any explanation, but I'd want him to know someone said something and I'd expect the same from him.

Would be different if Timmy were the victim here. I used to think that everyone on the Phog was awful for saying they wouldn't tell a close friend of theirs if they knew their friend was being cheated on. As I've gotten older I'm not really sure how I feel about it, but I see the wisdom in staying out of it.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by LARPHawk View Post
    If Timmy is a close friend it wouldn't even cross my mind to not tell him. I wouldn't assume it's true. I wouldn't think I deserved any explanation, but I'd want him to know someone said something and I'd expect the same from him.

Would be different if Timmy were the victim here. I used to think that everyone on the Phog was awful for saying they wouldn't tell a close friend of theirs if they knew their friend was being cheated on. As I've gotten older I'm not really sure how I feel about it, but I see the wisdom in staying out of it.
    Why would you automatically assume it is not true if it's a close friend? Do you think that anyone you would be close friends with wouldn't screw around? I think it's really, really tough to know what goes on in the love/sex lives of other people, and I just can't fathom a scenario where I should interject myself.

I sorta see the point of telling Timmy because he deserves to know the rumors are floating around, but if Timmy is a grown-ass man similar to me, I don't want to spend one second worrying about shit are people that are saying that isn't true.

Administrator

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by drinky View Post
    Man, I couldn't disagree more. Unless you want to fuck Timmy yourself and you are jealous because you heard a rumor he might be fucking someone who isn't his wife but also isn't you, then you should stay the hell away from this. You aren't Timmy's dad, and even if you were, Timmy's dad shouldn't be telling him who to fuck. Couple that with the fact that you don't know if any of this is even true, there is no reason that I can possibly conceive that you should feel compelled to weigh in on who your friend is maybe, perhaps, rumored-to-be fucking not his wife.
    This is a weird and irrational response...Why on earth would my comment have anything to do with wanting to fuck him?

You wouldn't want a heads up from a friend (...Or your dad I guess? Also weird to bring up) if they heard you were fucking around on your wife?

I don't care who is fucking who, I think infidelity is despicable and I don't respect those that partake, this is a question of whether or not to give him a heads up, not whether or not I should tell him what to do

Yes | No
    This is a weird and irrational response...Why on earth would my comment have anything to do with wanting to fuck him?

You wouldn't want a heads up from a friend (...Or your dad I guess? Also weird to bring up) if they heard you were fucking around on your wife?

I don't care who is fucking who, I think infidelity is despicable and I don't respect those that partake, this is a question of whether or not to give him a heads up, not whether or not I should tell him what to do
    I would want my close friend to know that I had heard something about it through the rumor mill, just in case he wasn't aware. But, if it were my close friend, I would also tell him how i came upon the information. Close friends do that type of thing for each other, and then they trust the other person to handle it as they see fit.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yes | No

First I should apologize, I had a crappy day yesterday and was apparently trying to make myself feel better by being a butthole on the internet. I don't really think you want to fuck Timmy. But back to the topic at hand...I get the feeling that I'm probably on the older side around here so that might affect my response. There are a couple possible scenarios here, right? One, Timmy is screwing around or two, Susan either has bad info or is trying to mess with Timmy by spreading gossip. Based on my experiences, I have to say that scenario 1 is far, far more likely than 2. Again, perhaps that's because I'm older so I mostly know couples that have been married for a while and I also feel like most of my acquaintances are way past the stage where they'll spread false gossip just to hurt someone. So that's why I would just stay out of it, because my assumption would be that Timmy is probably stepping out, but it could be far more complicated than you would know about.

I should also add that I don't have a Facebook account because I don't want the vast majority of people to know anything about me and I especially don't want to know anything about them, so I may be an outlier here based on the fact that I just want my business to be between me, my wife, my kids, and the approximately five non-family members that I really give any actual fucks about.

Apologies again though for being a dick in my response yesterday.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    First I should apologize, I had a crappy day yesterday and was apparently trying to make myself feel better by being a butthole on the internet.

Apologies again though for being a dick in my response yesterday.

These are the only parts of the post I read. Don't you know the rules? You be a butthole on the web and then you double down. Never apologize.

Yes | No
    These are the only parts of the post I read. Don't you know the rules? You be a butthole on the web and then you double down. Never apologize.
    Fuck off, bitch.

(Did I do that right?)

Double Secret M0derator
    Twitter
    TheNewCzar

Yes | No
    Fuck off, bitch.

(Did I do that right?)
    Use "fooking, fook off" it sounds edgier
    How many Lowes could Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowes?

Yes | No

You've answered your own question here. He's a good friend, yet you think infidelity is despicable and you lose respect for those that do it. So follow this out a bit and compare it to what you're hoping to accomplish by talking to him about it.

It's very likely that he's cheating - and by talking to him about it your letting him know that you know. By your own admission, if he confirms that he's doing it you'll lose respect for him. On the other side, he'll know that you know he stepped out. Once you open that door there is no closing it, and it will change the dynamic of your friendship forever. As it has zero impact on your life at this point, I'd suggest that ignorance is bliss and to just leave it alone.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
    You've answered your own question here. He's a good friend, yet you think infidelity is despicable and you lose respect for those that do it. So follow this out a bit and compare it to what you're hoping to accomplish by talking to him about it.

It's very likely that he's cheating - and by talking to him about it your letting him know that you know. By your own admission, if he confirms that he's doing it you'll lose respect for him. On the other side, he'll know that you know he stepped out. Once you open that door there is no closing it, and it will change the dynamic of your friendship forever. As it has zero impact on your life at this point, I'd suggest that ignorance is bliss and to just leave it alone.

This is pretty much exactly where I stand on this subject.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by FrobozMumbar View Post

"If your close friends have character flaws it's important to try to keep yourself in the dark about it" is a stance that is totally foreign to me. I'm having trouble even putting myself in those shoes.

Yes | No
    "If your close friends have character flaws it's important to try to keep yourself in the dark about it" is a stance that is totally foreign to me. I'm having trouble even putting myself in those shoes.
    But they probably do have character flaws. Maybe you have a line in the sand that a character flaw that includes infidelity makes them irredeemable in your eyes, but if that's the case, as you age you're going to find yourself with fewer close friends. As Joe asserts, he isn't close friends with Timmy because he admires or cares who Timmy does or does not fuck. Outside of your friend being a criminal, why do you want to know about character flaws that are otherwise indiscernible to you and not impactful to you? Why would infidelity be a bridge too far or why would you want to NOT be in the dark about his sexual proclivities?

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    None of my friends have any flaws.

...If I had friends they wouldn't have any flaws, anyway.
    Grammar Police: To Correct and Serve -- Every time you misspell a word, the errorists win.

Yes | No
    But they probably do have character flaws. Maybe you have a line in the sand that a character flaw that includes infidelity makes them irredeemable in your eyes, but if that's the case, as you age you're going to find yourself with fewer close friends. As Joe asserts, he isn't close friends with Timmy because he admires or cares who Timmy does or does not fuck. Outside of your friend being a criminal, why do you want to know about character flaws that are otherwise indiscernible to you and not impactful to you? Why would infidelity be a bridge too far or why would you want to NOT be in the dark about his sexual proclivities?
    I think you're suggesting the only reason to know about it is if it's going to determine whether or not you're still friends with him. I don't see it that way at all. I don't consider it a line in the sand issue or something that makes a person irredeemable. I tend to think the French have the right attitude on infidelity. It's not acceptable, but it's a natural inclination, it's not uncommon, and it doesn't define your character. It's definitely PART of the picture of who you are though.

I wouldn't pursue it as a fact-finding mission to determine if I'm going to continue having this guy as a friend. To me "you're my close friend" and "I don't want to know about your character" are conflicting statements. If it's just some drinking buddy, then sure, who cares. If it's someone who is actually a close friend then sharing your journey through life together is kind of the point to me.

On top of that, would you really not want to be told if there were rumors like this going around about you? Would you thank your friend for not telling you? I can't grasp that aspect either.

Lastly, I don't understand why my friend being a criminal would be an exception to this philosophy. If the crime doesn't define his character and is other indiscernible to me, why would I care by your logic?

Hope I don't sound confrontational, just genuinely trying to follow this.

Adm1n1str8t0r

Yes | No
    @Joe Norris have you called Finebaum yet

Yes | No
    I think you're suggesting the only reason to know about it is if it's going to determine whether or not you're still friends with him. I don't see it that way at all. I don't consider it a line in the sand issue or something that makes a person irredeemable. I tend to think the French have the right attitude on infidelity. It's not acceptable, but it's a natural inclination, it's not uncommon, and it doesn't define your character. It's definitely PART of the picture of who you are though.

I wouldn't pursue it as a fact-finding mission to determine if I'm going to continue having this guy as a friend. To me "you're my close friend" and "I don't want to know about your character" are conflicting statements. If it's just some drinking buddy, then sure, who cares. If it's someone who is actually a close friend then sharing your journey through life together is kind of the point to me.

On top of that, would you really not want to be told if there were rumors like this going around about you? Would you thank your friend for not telling you? I can't grasp that aspect either.

Lastly, I don't understand why my friend being a criminal would be an exception to this philosophy. If the crime doesn't define his character and is other indiscernible to me, why would I care by your logic?

Hope I don't sound confrontational, just genuinely trying to follow this.
    Fair points and questions. I'm not as close to any of my friends as you must be, which is an understandable difference. I honestly wouldn't care to know if those rumors were floating around, particularly if they were a couple hundred miles away. Maybe if that was the workplace gossip, but I really, really struggle to come up with a scenario where those rumors are floating around because they aren't true, at least in a workplace. Ultimately, shit like that is between me and my wife, and the hell with everyone else.

You're right about the criminal comment...when I typed that I was thinking "pedophile," which is absolutely something I would want to know. And now that I think about it, I'd probably generally want to know if that person was a felon, because that is likely a bigger sign of a character flaw than someone who does what thousands of years of evolution have instilled in us.

Yes | No
    Two more thoughts:

1. If he's a cheater he already knows it. Someone finding out should probably be expected. The OP isn't going to be giving him any surprising information.

2. If he's not cheating, why would he give a single crap about rumors that aren't true.

I understand that some people are not wired the way I am, but I don't spend one second worrying about what anyone that's not in my close inner-circle thinks or says about me.

Again I ask: what is to be gained by getting involved in something that has no impact on your life?

Sounds Like Dad

Yes | No
    I think it really comes down to how good of friends you are with Tim.... moderated to an extent by how credible Susan has been in the past. Whether or not you believe the rumor is true is the powerball for me..... maybe it shouldn't be, but it is, Joe.

If Timmy is "family" close, the bar is pretty fuggin' low. As the esteemed and always reliable Miss TC has posited , If Susan is a serial gossip and has a history of stirring shit.. or you are pretty sure Timmy would never do such a thing.....you slide the scale accordingly one direction or the other.

So, for me it is a sliding scale thing based on how how close you are to Timmy and how likely is is that what Susan is saying is true. The closer to Timmy the greater your responsibility. The more likely the rumor is untrue, the greater the potential for hurt to innocent people that will come from your inaction. If on the other hand,you come to believe that Timmy is out wavin' the wanker... he would have to be pretty much family for me to get involved. In that circumstance all you'd be doing is helping him cheat. To be honest, I'm not sure I'd do that for many people.

Two things are pretty much given : If Timmy is "family" close and (especially) if the rumors turn out to be untrue..... Timmy will be pissed as shit if he finds out you knew and didn't tell him. If the situation was reversed....wouldn't you be? If someone "family" close to me did that to me... and it fucked up my family life... well I'd beat his ass for sure. ( And so would you).

The second unavoidable fact, if you spill the beans to Timmy, there is no way you DONT give up Susan's name. If you can't live with that....then you better keep your mouth shut.

It all comes down to which friendship is most valuable to you. Truth be told, if you say anything you will likely lose one or both as friends. If , however, Timmy is "family" close.... I really don't think you have a choice. You have to tell "family", no matter the consequence.

A point of curiousity.. so why did Susan tell you? Is it possible she really wants you to say something? Some people are just like that.... just full of piss and vinegar.... as long as they can find someone else to do the wet work. Other people, they just like watching fireworks.... is that Susan?

. You already know in your heart the right thing to do with respect to Timmy, Bro Joe. So, do what you know is right.

But I do wonder just what Ms Susan expects you to do.
    Last edited by robinsonjim; 08-12-2017 at 05:39 PM.
    Announcing your plans in advance is a good way to see God laugh. Al Swearengen Deadwood, S Dakota

Administrator

Yes | No
    So, I got some interesting information over the weekend, from a new player, we'll call Katie

This is going to get confusing, so I will try to make it as clear as possible, I will be available for questions as well

Some history, Katie, Timmy, Susan, and I all worked at the same company so that's how we all know each other, Susan left back in 2014 and has still kept up with Katie and myself, but not Timmy, hence their knowledge of each other, but not being close

Ok, so, while I was in Tulsa over the weekend, I was having drinks (well, I was having tea, while Katie got loaded, this was not intentional, mind you) and Katie made a somewhat judgmental/accusatory comment about Timmy so I saw an opening to ask a few questions

Basically, it turns out that Timmy is mentoring a new hire (nothing sketchy here, they have a formal mentor program) but the mentee is a female and is spending an hour or two a day in Timmy's office and people have begun speculating/asking questions

Timmy hasn't told me any of this, which is fine, I wouldn't have thought much of it myself, but it apparently looks funny to people around the office

Katie apparently had gone to her mentor like, "what do you think about this?" and her mentor went to HR...I guess they've had a talk with Timmy and told him to handle it

The last thing that happened, which was, I guess, the week before last, it was Timmy's birthday and the new hire baked him a pie and brought it to work for him

I'm not going to read into that, but I could see how someone could interpret that as being a little over the top for a subordinate to a manager or something

Anyway, with that information, I think people are making a mountain out of a mole hill, there's no evidence (that I've heard) that anything has happened outside the office, just an inordinate amount of time IN the office behind closed doors

but who knows, maybe they're fucking in there

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    This is more proof to stay as far away as possible from this fucking mess.

Administrator

Yes | No
    Honestly, I'd be interested to hear his side on it...would be a blindside to me

I know the girl in question, and I don't see him risking his marriage for her

edit: also, if I were still at the office, and this were as obvious as people are making it out to be, I for sure would be asking him what's up

Yes | No
    I still see zero reason for you to get involved. However, since these friendships don't sound like they are incredibly important to you in the long run, getting involved for entertainment purposes and curiosity is reasonable. Just go in with the knowledge that if the shit hits the fan, your name will be attached to conversations other people are having about it. And you could damage your relationship with some or all of these people.

As an aside, if she's baking for him, he's either fucking her or she wants him to be.

Administrator

Yes | No
    Well, at this point, I'm not getting involved...it's sounds more like an internal work thing rather than him being sloppy running around on his wife

But, like I said, if I were still there, and it was as blatantly obvious as it's been made out to me, I would definitely give him hell about it

"pen in company ink" comments and the like

just sounds like a young girl enamored with an older man that is oblivious (or not) to what's going on

Yes | No
    Well, this thread ended up being disappointing.
    Are you not Entertained? Is this not why you are here?