Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Yes | No

Self's thoughts/some highlights from Game 1 in Italy

Administrator

Yes | No
    Self is the best in the biz at shitting on his players in the nicest, most loving way possible.
    Victoria Concordia Crescit

Administrator

Yes | No
    cliffnotes for those of us with YT blocked at work?

Administrator

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Norris View Post
    cliffnotes for those of us with YT blocked at work?
    Everybody sucks, but we will get better.
    Victoria Concordia Crescit

Administrator

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    Everybody sucks, but we will get better.
    Ah ok, sounds about right

I mean, we won a strong big 12 by a couple games with Landen Lucas playing meaningful minutes, I have faith

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Self is rarely complimentary of the team, overall, against weak competition. I suspect that's because he doesn't want them to think everybody is going to be an easy opponent. He will, even then, compliment some individual efforts, if they deserve it. He's most complimentary against strong competition, and more often towards the end of the season.
    Grammar Police: To Correct and Serve -- Every time you misspell a word, the errorists win.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTCShore View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but it seems like Self is rarely complimentary of the team, overall, against weak competition. I suspect that's because he doesn't want them to think everybody is going to be an easy opponent. He will, even then, compliment some individual efforts, if they deserve it. He's most complimentary against strong competition, and more often towards the end of the season.
    It's not you, that's exactly what Self does. In fact, most times when we win comfortably (no matter who the competition is) Bill seems to pick nits. But if we lose to quality competition, he seems to be his most complimentary of the team. I'm not questioning the man's tactics, just a simple observation.
    "I know who I am! I'm a dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude"

Yes | No
    I agree with you both. Bill has his own set of standards by which he judges performance. It's a much different set of observations than someone like Fran Frenchvanila will use on TV. It includes effort, resilience, and a number of other things that the common taters gloss over. I think he uses both praise and criticism to push the team towards optimum performance. It is situation-dependent and it is very specific to each individual team and each individual player at each point in a given season depending on the needs as he sees them.

WWUR Tourney Organizer

Yes | No
    Did he drop the dreaded 4 letter word??????

Soft

Double Secret M0derator
    Twitter
    TheNewCzar

Yes | No
    Yes, he compliments the team when they need it and does his, "don't get cocky, kid" all the other times. He's always pointing out what they need to improve. Didn't he once say, "If the team isn't hating on me I'm not doing my job" or something like that?
    How many Lowes could Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowes?

Double Secret M0derator
    Twitter
    TheNewCzar

Yes | No
    He also said he had the best pizza he's ever eaten there. So we all need to go there and get that pizza, unless he stole the recipe and gives it to Brady.
    How many Lowes could Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowes?

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by dewarsrocks View Post
    He also said he had the best pizza he's ever eaten there. So we all need to go there and get that pizza, unless he stole the recipe and gives it to Brady.

Who is funding this trip to Italy?

(21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    Who is funding this trip to Italy?
    The we don't have money to pay the players fund.
    (01:48:08) samandbendriveme: alright....later guys....i gotta go let someone suckle my teet

http://www.wavingthewheat.com/misc/HiD.jpg