Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: The Ringer

M O D E R A T O R

Yes | No

The Ringer

Does anyone read this site regularly? It is missing the feel of Grantland. I just cant get into it. It is almost like I forget it is there. Deadspin is what I read everyday for Drew Magery stuff. Thoughts?

Threat of Miltdown: Low

Yes | No
    Same here, once in a while I'll suddenly think, oh, I haven't been there in a while. I used to go on Grantland regularly.

Though the only thing over there that piques my interest is Titus.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Yea same. Sometimes they have something worth reading but not really very often.
    (01:48:08) samandbendriveme: alright....later guys....i gotta go let someone suckle my teet

http://www.wavingthewheat.com/misc/HiD.jpg

Administrator

Yes | No
    I read if someone finds it worthy to link me, and I keep up with Titus, generally his power rankings, but they just aren't the same now that he only writes about like two teams at a time

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Norris View Post
    I read if someone finds it worthy to link me, and I keep up with Titus, generally his power rankings, but they just aren't the same now that he only writes about like two teams at a time
    Yea wtf is up with that? The one thing I really looked forward to during bball season and even that's fucked up now.
    (01:48:08) samandbendriveme: alright....later guys....i gotta go let someone suckle my teet

http://www.wavingthewheat.com/misc/HiD.jpg

Administrator

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DeutschHistorian View Post
    Yea wtf is up with that? The one thing I really looked forward to during bball season and even that's fucked up now.
    I assume he has limited time/resources...I can't imagine that was his call to make

I know this is wishful thinking, but hopefully they were just easing him back into the gig...he's extremely amusing and I love reading his stuff

Yes | No
    I still find interesting stories, usually at least one a day. I don't like these theme weeks they've been doing -- reminds me of ESPN the Magazine and their stupid theme issues. Just come up with good story ideas and write them -- they don't all have to be about the same thing.

Point Forward

Yes | No
    The Ringer NBA podcast is one of the worst podcasts I've ever listened to. They started out with some chick who just wanted to talk about how cute the players were all the time, and switched later to some idiot guy who does a pathetic imitation of "sports radio voice."

It's by far the worst basketball podcast out there.

I've read a few stories on the site, but I don't check it regularly.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Norris View Post
    I assume he has limited time/resources...I can't imagine that was his call to make

I know this is wishful thinking, but hopefully they were just easing him back into the gig...he's extremely amusing and I love reading his stuff

It's his time - he does other articles throughout the season and co-hosts Ringer U podcast during hoops season.

(21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

Administrator

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstarshiptroopers View Post
    The Ringer NBA podcast is one of the worst podcasts I've ever listened to. They started out with some chick who just wanted to talk about how cute the players were all the time, and switched later to some idiot guy who does a pathetic imitation of "sports radio voice."

It's by far the worst basketball podcast out there.

I've read a few stories on the site, but I don't check it regularly.
    Yeah I'm not a huge fan of Vernon, but I really like Tjarks and Kevin O'Connor, so I endure.

I read The Ringer pretty much everyday. It's one of my go to sites. I read probably about 50% of the articles on there, skipping a lot of the pop culture stuff.
    Victoria Concordia Crescit