Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Quiv Dismissed

Yes | No

Quiv Dismissed

Looks like Quiv has been dismissed from the team. There was chatter about this for a few weeks now. Guess we should know more on Tuesday.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2017/j...d-ku-football/

Yes | No
    Well, that's a fine how do you do.

Tackling Dummy

Yes | No
    One of the comments on the LJW site mentions his behavior in public leaves a lot to be desired. Beatty must have decided he's not worth the trouble. At least we have some depth at wide receiver.

The Living Dead

Yes | No
    Atleast we won't have to hold our breath every punt return hoping he won't fumble it anymore.

Yes | No
    I think that part of the problem is that the program may have passed him by. Quiv has at best average hands, a marginal football IQ and he runs very soft (a bit of Cozart's Disease perhaps), all of which makes him IMO unsuitable as a returner. I suspect that he was being schooled by the incoming and improved returning receivers and developed a bit of "Frankamp-Whitman Syndrome". Don't get me wrong, speed is valuable and he did have his moments; I was looking forward to him getting a few snaps, stretching defenses etc. If indeed he had behavioral problems at his previous school and was dropping in the depth chart in practice, his frustration may have resulted in even more behavioral problems.He is somewhat of a loss, but not enough of one to warrant the toleration of disruptive behavior.

Yes | No
    Beaty was always real high on Quiv. So I'm sure he had plenty of chances to make good.

Yes | No

I was looking forward to him running deep slot routes. He did have punt return speed (with fumble hands). But as L7 said above, he was Beatty's boy, so this must have HAD to have been done.
    "I know who I am! I'm a dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude"

Administrator

Yes | No
    An incoming JuCo kid is subleasing the other side of our duplex. I asked him today if he knew why Quiv got dismissed, he said the coaches hadn't told them exactly why yet.
    Victoria Concordia Crescit

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    An incoming JuCo kid is subleasing the other side of our duplex. I asked him today if he knew why Quiv got dismissed, he said the coaches hadn't told them exactly why yet.

We're all counting on you.

(21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

Administrator

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    We're all counting on you.
    That's terrifying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Victoria Concordia Crescit

Participant

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    Have him contact BLACKMILD from Aidz.net
    I'm sure he knows.
    Not a frequent poster

Soft

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by BeakEm35 View Post
    Atleast we won't have to hold our breath every punt return hoping he won't fumble it anymore.
    This, of course, assumes his replacement will be any better.

The Living Dead

Yes | No
    Quiv lost the trust of the coaching staff, and some of his teammates. Not the first time either.