Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    LawrenceRaider

Yes | No

Beer! (or other libations)

Whatcha been drinking?

Had these so far this week.

Hawkaholic
    Twitter
    JayhawkLifer

Yes | No
    I'm a sucker for these, it's usually in the beer fridge as a "regular"

I have found that I love liquor that has been bourbon barrel aged, like this cab. It's delicious.

My train of thought derailed. There were no survivors.

LawrenceRaider

Yes | No
    Bourbon barrel aged wine has just seemed like a gross combination to me, but maybe I'll have to give it a try sometime.

Yes | No
    This:

or sometimes this if I'm not feeling bloated:

Snack Provider

Yes | No
    Because this is how I role.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg

Up the IRONS!

Hawkaholic
    Twitter
    JayhawkLifer

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderHawk View Post
    Bourbon barrel aged wine has just seemed like a gross combination to me, but maybe I'll have to give it a try sometime.
    Definitely take a leap. It gives it a kick, but not in a bad way. Not sure how to describe it, but it works, at least for me.

The Living Dead

Yes | No
    Got a preview of WBC's new sour they are releasing for their Anniversary party. Holy fook!!!

LawrenceRaider

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by swidman View Post
    Because this is how I role.

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpg

Up the IRONS!
    Tried this again somewhat recently and it was a much better beer than I remember it being. It was on Tap at a bar near the Sprint Center when Iron Maiden played there earlier this month. Damn good ESB.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    The wife and I are going to Montreal, Vermont, NH and Maine here in a few weeks. Will post my discoveries from Hill Farmstead, The Alchemist and Maine Beer Company plus others I might find in this rich brewing region.
    Last edited by DeutschHistorian; 07-28-2017 at 09:02 AM.
    (01:48:08) samandbendriveme: alright....later guys....i gotta go let someone suckle my teet

http://www.wavingthewheat.com/misc/HiD.jpg

Yes | No
    I tried these beers this week. The Purple Train is a sour beer, but not too sour, all in all, it's ok as I'm not a fan of sour beers. The Rahr pale ale was really a nice beer.

aviary-image-1500939858457.jpgaviary-image-1500841114082.jpg

Do any of you fellow, um, Wheaters(?), track your beers using Untapped?
    Last edited by 14KU; 07-28-2017 at 09:14 AM.

LawrenceRaider

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by 14KU View Post
    I tried these beers this week. The Purple Train is a sour beer, but not too sour, all in all, it's ok as I'm not a fan of sour beers. The Rahr pale ale was really a nice beer.

aviary-image-1500939858457.jpgaviary-image-1500841114082.jpg

Do any of you fellow, um, Wheaters(?), track your beers using Untapped?
    That pale from Rahr is pretty good every day drinking beer. You in Texas, or are they shipping it out of state now?

Yes | No
    They're shipping to Kansas now, found it at Justin's Liquor on Shawnee Mission Pkwy. I visited the brewery the last time I was down in Ft. Worth. It's fairly small and not anything that catches your eye, but a good showing of people and food trucks keeps it packed.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by JayhawkLifer View Post
    I'm a sucker for these, it's usually in the beer fridge as a "regular"

One of my go-to beers lately, have one in my fridge right now.

LawrenceRaider

Yes | No
    They're shipping to Kansas now, found it at Justin's Liquor on Shawnee Mission Pkwy. I visited the brewery the last time I was down in Ft. Worth. It's fairly small and not anything that catches your eye, but a good showing of people and food trucks keeps it packed.
    We visited it when we lived down there. Have you been to Collective Brewing Project? Best brewery in the DFW area IMHO.

I'll have to look around for the Rahr, they have some pretty darn good bombers as well.

Posse

Yes | No
    Not my pictures but these are two of my favorite local brews that I've been enjoying this summer...
    Eight year olds Dude

Yes | No
    We visited it when we lived down there. Have you been to Collective Brewing Project? Best brewery in the DFW area IMHO.

I'll have to look around for the Rahr, they have some pretty darn good bombers as well.
    I was only down there visiting friends and only had time to hit one brewery. I'll have to remember CBP when I'm down there next time, thanks for the suggestion!

Moist

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by DeutschHistorian View Post
    The wife and I are going to Montreal, Vermont, NH and Maine here in a few weeks. Will post my discoveries from Hill Farmstead, The Alchemist and Maine Beer Company plus others I might find in this rich brewing region.
    If you have time look for Foam, Fiddlehead and Lawson's Finest Liquids in VT. Bissell Brothers and Allagash are in Portland, ME.

It doesn't look like you're going far enough south to deal with Massholes, but if you find yourself down that way... obviously Tree House, Trillium, and Night Shift

Hawkaholic
    Twitter
    JayhawkLifer

Yes | No
    beer_532528.jpg

This is another beer that s really good. Along the lines of a sour, but called a tart German wheat beer. Tasty.

Yes | No
    beer_532528.jpg

This is another beer that s really good. Along the lines of a sour, but called a tart German wheat beer. Tasty.
    I've had the raspberry, but not blueberry.

Lately I've been into Urban Chestnut's Schnickelfritz (Bavarian wheat) and Ballast Point's Sculpin IPA.

Yes | No
    Whatcha been drinking?

Had these so far this week.

Jester King is the tits, the vag, and the sweet sweet booty. I recommend picking up a bottle of El Cedro if you ever come across it.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

LawrenceRaider

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyDisease View Post
    Jester King is the tits, the vag, and the sweet sweet booty. I recommend picking up a bottle of El Cedro if you ever come across it.

Lived in Texas (DFW) nearly 7 years, and Jester King is indeed all of that. Been to their brewery several times.

Yes | No
    Yeah, samesies. I'm in DFW for the Summer, but Austin is home. I've been out to JK a few times myself.

LawrenceRaider

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyDisease View Post
    Yeah, samesies. I'm in DFW for the Summer, but Austin is home. I've been out to JK a few times myself.

A coworker had to visit our Dallas facility and brought me back the Jester King, said he'll bring be back a few more after his trip next week.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    beer_532528.jpg

I really like Tallgrass as a brewery. They make some fantastic beers.
    (01:48:08) samandbendriveme: alright....later guys....i gotta go let someone suckle my teet

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    A coworker had to visit our Dallas facility and brought me back the Jester King, said he'll bring be back a few more after his trip next week.
    Premiere destination for sours maybe in the country. Their sherry barrel aged atrial rubicite I had a couple years ago is in my top 5 beers I've ever had.

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    I don't drink often; typically only a few times a year, usually only holidays or special occasions. (Of course after a particularly lousy day at work, it's amazing how 8 o'clock can look pretty "special"). Last time I had a drink, my sister bought some of this stuff.... Not your fathers root beer. Supposed to taste like A&W root beer. It doesn't. I like beer. I like root beer. But this combo doesn't work, IMO.

Grammar Police: To Correct and Serve -- Every time you misspell a word, the errorists win.

Peon

Yes | No
    I'd post my standard Busch Light Olan Mills pic but I can't figure out how. I think maybe my adblocker is messing with the toolbar in 'advanced reply'.

Yes | No
    So how good or bad is Not Your Father's Root Beer, then?

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTCShore View Post
    I don't drink often; typically only a few times a year, usually only holidays or special occasions. (Of course after a particularly lousy day at work, it's amazing how 8 o'clock can look pretty "special"). Last time I had a drink, my sister bought some of this stuff.... Not your fathers root beer. Supposed to taste like A&W root beer. It doesn't. I like beer. I like root beer. But this combo doesn't work, IMO.

Agree, this was absolutely awful.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by All4KU View Post
    So how good or bad is Not Your Father's Root Beer, then?
    Not good. We bought a six pack intending to make floats with it, that was last year sometime, there are still 3 in my beer fridge.

Yes | No
    beer_532528.jpg

Not trying to be a dick, but this is one of the worst beers I've had. I'm sure it's a matter of personal preference. I was served it by accident and decided to try it. Way too sweet and fruity for my taste. Calling it jam is very fitting because that's what it tastes like.

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    Not good. We bought a six pack intending to make floats with it, that was last year sometime, there are still 3 in my beer fridge.
    Yeah, it's pretty nasty. She also had some beer/lemonade by the same company. I didn't try it.
    Grammar Police: To Correct and Serve -- Every time you misspell a word, the errorists win.

Yes | No
    Similar, I made it through 2 and ended up throwing the others out.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkCO View Post
    Not my pictures but these are two of my favorite local brews that I've been enjoying this summer...
    I like most all of Bristol's offerings. Nice little brewery, too

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Dale's Pale Ale has been my go to for most of the summer. There's a great brewpub here called Pinthouse Pizza where I had a flight of random beers last weekend. I love that Austin has a ton of local breweries who basically just cater to Austin and many of them are really good.

LawrenceRaider

Yes | No
    Took down a couple more from Crooked Stave tonight. If you dig sours, Crooked Stave is up there nearly on Jester Kings level.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Took down a couple more from Crooked Stave tonight. If you dig sours, Crooked Stave is up there nearly on Jester Kings level.
    I think my favorite was Supplication by Russian River my friend brought me back when she visited there.

Hawkaholic
    Twitter
    JayhawkLifer

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Lurch22 View Post
    Not trying to be a dick, but this is one of the worst beers I've had. I'm sure it's a matter of personal preference. I was served it by accident and decided to try it. Way too sweet and fruity for my taste. Calling it jam is very fitting because that's what it tastes like.
    Ha. Interesting, as I am usually pretty sensitive to sweetness. Too sweet and I usually don't like it. As noted, each to their own, but I did find this tasty. Not something I could drink one after another, but good for one or two.

Yes | No
    This was my beer of choice this weekend:

nama-1.jpg

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Had many of these on Friday. One of my Austin go to beers when out.

Yes | No
    Cannot seem to get enough of this lately- On the rocks with a splash of water. Smooth.
    "I know who I am! I'm a dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude"

Yes | No
    I had never had a gin gimlet before, and I have a friend who makes the most kickass gin gimlets ever, so now I stop by her place about 5 times a week and drink gin and now I'm going to be an alcoholic.

Peon

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkCO View Post
    Bristol is the t!ts!!! Drink a lot of the Mass Transit.

Yes | No
    I found a few more Rahr and Sons beers at a KC liquor store. Tonight I'm enjoying the Summertime Wheat! I really want to try Boulevard's new Tough Kitty Milk Stout, but it's not in stores yet. May head down to the tasting room tomorrow night to get it.
    aviary-image-1501716216572.jpg

Point Forward

Yes | No
    upslope-craft-lager.jpg

I don't drink much anymore, but this is my favorite summertime beer for when I'm in the mood for a cold one.

LawrenceRaider

Yes | No
    Off Color is really good stuff. Have enjoyed everything I've been able to get from them here in Wichita.

Moist

Yes | No
    Happy National IPA Day everyone!

Going to have a nice mix of local beer with Torn Label doing a special dry-hopped batch of Alpha today and then some fresh beer mail consisting of Tree House Doppelganger, Green, and Eureka.

Cheers!

LawrenceRaider

Yes | No
    I'm contemplating what I'll pick up after work for NIPA day. Probably this one, it's IMHO the best IPA available at the liquor stores in Wichita.

Though I might get ambitious and run down to Central Standard Brewing and snag one of theirs in a crowler.