Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Point Forward

Yes | No

I will shit myself if the Wolves trade Wiggins for Kyrie

I'm hoping Thibs is smart enough not to do this, but this would be a terrible move in my opinion.

Kyrie is three years older (which is a big difference in terms of player development from 22-25), is injury prone, and is a high risk to leave after his contract is up in two years since he won't be eligible for a supermax in Minnesota.

Wiggins, on the other hand, is one of the most durable players in the league so far (knocks on wood), is already really damn good, and has the potential to develop into a better all-around player than Kyrie. Additionally, he's rumored to be on the verge of signing a 5 year extension, or at least he was before the trade rumors started.

Also, I've adopted the Wolves as my favorite NBA team and bought some gear over the last few years. I can't support a flat-earther led team, so I'd have to move on to another franchise.

Administrator

Yes | No
    Yeah, I will be pretty bummed if he gets sent away...Lebron is as good as gone next year

Granted, no one is beating the warriors for a few years anyway, so everyone is fighting for second place...that said, I wonder how Wiggs feels knowing KAT and his new teammate Jimmy Butler are trying to unload him

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Other than being a Wolves fan, I don't understand exactly why KU fans would be upset of this happens. Wiggins would go to Cleveland and actually have a chance to make the playoffs and compete to lose against the Warriors. Far more of his games would be nationally broadcast, which would up his profile. Then, if Lebron leaves after next season, Wiggins is the man in Cleveland until he can get the hell out of there too.

Soft

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    Other than being a Wolves fan, I don't understand exactly why KU fans would be upset of this happens. Wiggins would go to Cleveland and actually have a chance to make the playoffs and compete to lose against the Warriors. Far more of his games would be nationally broadcast, which would up his profile. Then, if Lebron leaves after next season, Wiggins is the man in Cleveland until he can get the hell out of there too.
    I tend to agree.

Administrator

Yes | No
    I mean, yeah, for one year, wolves are young and loads of talent

Cavs are nuked to shit after this year, losing their big three

they were garbage when lebron wasn't on the floor, like OKC sans westbrook bad

Point Forward

Yes | No
    In my opinion, Wiggins has a better chance of winning a championship 3-5ish years from now than he would with the Cavs next year.

After LeBron leaves, he'd be stuck on a lottery team without many assets, whereas the Wolves look like they will be in the playoffs for a lot of years in a row starting with his season. No one is beating GS for the nextyear or two. Wolves look like as good of a contender as any once their dynasty ends. Cavs will be a dumpster fire by then.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Yeah, but how long would Wiggins have to stay in Cleveland? He's a free agent at some point and talented enough to go somewhere good.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No

I agree with this - Wolves might loaded with talent as Joe mentions but does that really even fucking matter until the Warriors are broken up?

At least being on the cavs gives you a punchers shot at winning a title if someone on GSW gets hurt in the playoffs again. There's no way the Wolves are going to even sniff a finals appearance.

(21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

Point Forward

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    I agree with this - Wolves might loaded with talent as Joe mentions but does that really even fucking matter until the Warriors are broken up?

At least being on the cavs gives you a punchers shot at winning a title if someone on GSW gets hurt in the playoffs again. There's no way the Wolves are going to even sniff a finals appearance.
    Wolves should be planning for 3-5 years from now, which is when KAT and Wiggins should be in their primes, and probably around when the GSW dynasty will be wrapping up.

Also, I'm assuming the Cavs will want Wiggins to be a sign and trade. They're not going to be happy giving up Kyrie for a player at the end of his deal.

Woj tweeted today that the Wolves and several other teams have made an official offer. I'm sure we'll find out sooner or later whether or not Wiggins is involved.

Point Forward

Yes | No
    Wolves owner has made comments in the last couple days saying that Wiggins (and KAT) are untouchable, and that Wiggins will be signed to a 5 year max soon. Sounds like he'll be sticking around Minnesota.