Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Yes | No

Favorite old school muscle car

I've always had a soft spot for the Olds 442, particularly '69 and '70. It wasn't always your father's Oldsmobile:

1969 Olds 442 - Hardtop style

1969 Olds 442 - convertible style

Soft

Yes | No
    Does it get good gas mileage?

Double Secret M0derator
    Twitter
    TheNewCzar

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Protist View Post
    Does it get good gas mileage?
    Probably not. That's why you get a big block 4X4 with a lift kit for normal driving.
    How many Lowes could Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowes?

Yes | No
    TaTown has a bad ass 442 convertible with a SLVRBCK personalized license plate. I've seen him cruising around fairway. lol

Magic Grue Trainer/Author

Yes | No

Favorite old school muscle car

I had a '67 Camaro with a stroked 383 small block (my learning car) and a '73 Cuda with a 440 bored .60-over with 14:1 compression pistons, Holley 850 double pumper, Edelbrock high rise manifold, Hedman headers to a pair of glasspacks, a stock 3-speed slapstick (why mess with perfection) and a 4.10 rear end. I could literally watch the gas gauge go down when I got on it. Used to bracket race both on open nights at Sears Point back in the day (and cash races on farm roads outside of Salinas). There's not a day that goes by that I don't wish I had that Cuda back. Unfortunately, I sold it to help finance KU, and then got into building 4X4s - Toyota SR5 that I Baja'd out, an absurdly lifted K5 Blazer and a Jeep CJ-7 that could pull stumps. Nothing recently, but I've been thinking about a late 60s or early 70s Bronco. Lord help me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapadatass
    It's pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Hawkaholic
    Twitter
    JayhawkLifer

Yes | No
    I fell in love with the 67 SS Chevy Camaro from the movie Better Off Dead.

My train of thought derailed. There were no survivors.

LawrenceRaider

Yes | No
    I'll go with a 1969 Chevelle SS.

Insane that you could get one for under $1,000 when I was in high school.

The Living Dead

Yes | No
    When I was a kid (early 90s) my Grandpa would watch 60s-70s films with me. One day he pops in a VHS of Vanishing Point. From there on out I have always loved the Dodge Challenger. The 1970 white Dodge Challenger R/T 440 Magnum he used in that film could actually be considered my first crush (I was too young to be into girls yet).

WWUR Tourney Organizer

Yes | No
    I always loved my dad's '69 Ford Mustang...

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderHawk View Post
    I'll go with a 1969 Chevelle SS.

Insane that you could get one for under $1,000 when I was in high school.
    The '69 or '70 Chevelle SS was totally badass.

Yes | No
    Dated a girl in high school who was one of three daughters.... you could tell her dad wanted boys because he bought them all muscle cars. My GF had a 72 Firebird, looked a lot like this one. That thing was a blast to drive.

I'm partial to Camaros. I had a 1990 IROC convertible when I was 17. WT, I know, but I loved that thing. Just not practical once college began. I like the 68 version too.

Yes | No
    I had a friend who had a '69 Dodge Super Bee eerily similar to this one, and that thing could flat move (hot blonde accessory not included).

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
    I had a '67 Camaro with a stroked 383 small block (my learning car) and a '73 Cuda with a 440 bored .60-over with 14:1 compression pistons, Holley 850 double pumper, Edelbrock high rise manifold, Hedman headers to a pair of glasspacks, a stock 3-speed slapstick (why mess with perfection) and a 4.10 rear end. I could literally watch the gas gauge go down when I got on it. Used to bracket race both on open nights at Sears Point back in the day (and cash races on farm roads outside of Salinas). There's not a day that goes by that I don't wish I had that Cuda back. Unfortunately, I sold it to help finance KU, and then got into building 4X4s - Toyota SR5 that I Baja'd out, an absurdly lifted K5 Blazer and a Jeep CJ-7 that could pull stumps. Nothing recently, but I've been thinking about a late 60s or early 70s Bronco. Lord help me...

I used to represent a guy who opened up a business restoring and selling old Broncos. Huge market for them apparently. Like 80-120K type market.

Learned to drive while hunting birds aroun McCook, NE in my dad's 77 Bronco. Would give a kidney to have that car today.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by illinijhawk View Post
    I used to represent a guy who opened up a business restoring and selling old Broncos. Huge market for them apparently. Like 80-120K type market.

Learned to drive while hunting birds aroun McCook, NE in my dad's 77 Bronco. Would give a kidney to have that car today.
    people are spending 80-120k on old Broncos? lol i am skeptical

as for the question...1971 Hemi Barracuda

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by TrillaTrilla View Post

120K was actually on the low side.

https://gatewaybronco.com/our-trucks/warrior/

Yes | No

Oh Shit, we got Trilla
    "I know who I am! I'm a dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude"

Yes | No
    I hate to be 'that guy' who picks such an obvious choice, but the OP does ask what my favorite old school muscle car is, so:
    1967 Cobra 427 (Mark III)
    "I know who I am! I'm a dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude"

Yes | No

Soup R'Crackers SouperFan

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by All4KU View Post
    The '69 or '70 Chevelle SS was totally badass.
    I agree. I also love the look of the early 2nd generation Camaros, particularly 1970.

http://momentcar.com/images/1970-camaro-2.jpg

Magic Grue Trainer/Author

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by soapboxstew View Post
    I hate to be 'that guy' who picks such an obvious choice, but the OP does ask what my favorite old school muscle car is, so:
    1967 Cobra 427 (Mark III)
    With unlimited funding, this is the car I would choose as well.

It's pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Yes | No
    ford-torino-600x333.jpg

There are way too many muscle cars for me to ever pick a favorite, but as far as any I ever owned, it has to be the 1970 Torino Cobra. Loved that car, but had to sell due to divorce.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by All4KU View Post
    thank yee. id prob go with that color also

Yes | No
    120K was actually on the low side.

https://gatewaybronco.com/our-trucks/warrior/
    that is insane. guy is making a fortune. those are very simple vehicles and cheap to redo relative to a lot of vintage stuff

Posse

Yes | No
    You can get 70's Broncos that need a little work for 15-25k. Even rust buckets that need complete restorations are going for 5-10k
    Eight year olds Dude

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkCO View Post
    You can get 70's Broncos that need a little work for 15-25k. Even rust buckets that need complete restorations are going for 5-10k
    Yeah, to be fair, these 160K Broncos aren't your dad's Bronco of yesteryear, except perhaps the body. Massive new engines (Ford Coyote 302), new suspension, top of the line brakes, new leather and other details and customization.

The guy scours the country looking for the 5-25K Broncos, gets them to his workshop and goes to work. They are beautiful when done. Despite the price, his biggest issue in selling them is trying to find enough to "restore".

The Living Dead

Yes | No
    Yeah, to be fair, these 160K Broncos aren't your dad's Bronco of yesteryear, except perhaps the body. Massive new engines (Ford Coyote 302), new suspension, top of the line brakes, new leather and other details and customization.

The guy scours the country looking for the 5-25K Broncos, gets them to his workshop and goes to work. They are beautiful when done. Despite the price, his biggest issue in selling them is trying to find enough to "restore".
    Know a guy that does the same thing with old surplus military Humvees. They are pretty badass and apparently there is a huge market for them.

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    This is what I drive, .....

So my fav old school car would probably be.....

Grammar Police: To Correct and Serve -- Every time you misspell a word, the errorists win.

Yes | No
    Those old Mustangs were great. They still turn heads when you see them on the road. Saw a baby blue convertible a while back, with darker blue and white seats. It was turning heads, to be sure.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    "67 Shelby Fastback
    (01:48:08) samandbendriveme: alright....later guys....i gotta go let someone suckle my teet

http://www.wavingthewheat.com/misc/HiD.jpg

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTCShore View Post
    So my fav old school car would probably be.....

I had a 66, but a hardtop. My dad has it now, so I suspect (hope?) that it will be mine again one day.