Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

View Poll Results: Your drug of choice

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Alcohol

14 37.84%
  • Marijuana

13 35.14%
  • Caffeine

6 16.22%
  • Nicotine

1 2.70%
  • Heroin

1 2.70%
  • Prescription pills

1 2.70%
  • Meth

0 0%
  • Ecstacy

0 0%
  • Mushrooms

0 0%
  • Cocaine

1 2.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Point Forward

Yes | No

Your drug of choice?

Assuming you could only use one drug for the rest of your life, and you would have unlimited supplies of that drug at no cost, what would you go for?

You're not allowed to re-sell. You can share with friends (or strangers, I guess) if you so choose. You can get multiple varieties of said drug in instances where that is applicable.

OTC medications are included within the prescription pills choice, which I should have named pharmaceuticals.
    Last edited by Morningstarshiptroopers; 07-24-2017 at 07:09 PM.

Administrator

Yes | No
    Probably weed, if I had to choose

I'm off the sauce and life is good

Point Forward

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Norris View Post

I still have a beer now and then, but I've pretty much switched entirely to edible forms of THC myself at this point when I want to get a little bit of a buzz. Alcohol was awesome when my life revolved around going to parties, trying to get laid, and doing all sorts of dumb shit in college. Now that those days are long gone, and my liver can no longer take more than a few drinks without giving me a hangover, a bit of weed on a Friday night is much more appealing to me.

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    About the only "drug" I consume is a little wine (usually with a meal) or an occasional beer (a few times a year is about all). Other than that, I really don't even do caffeine.

Actually, now that I think about it, although I voted alcohol (for the above reason), I have enjoyed Lortab a few times. So, I guess, if it came down to it, and I really wanted to have that available for times when I really want to "relax and feel good," it would probably be a narcotic pain killer.
    Grammar Police: To Correct and Serve -- Every time you misspell a word, the errorists win.

Yes | No
    Where's the "none of the above" option?

Point Forward

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirehawk View Post
    Not even tylenol or other over the counter drugs? I mean, more power to you, but I don't know many (if any) people who are truly drug free.

Magic Grue Trainer/Author

Yes | No
    I love wine, but I am forever lost in my addiction to quality coffee. Can't imagine going a day without it.

Posse

Yes | No
    That you Kurt?
    Eight year olds Dude

Point Forward

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
    I love wine, but I am forever lost in my addiction to quality coffee. Can't imagine going a day without it.
    What's your bean of choice? I'm fond of the Dazbog Russian Roulette, but I have to grind the beans myself and make it in my mini-french press. It's not nearly as good in store.

Soft

Yes | No
    jenkem

Snack Provider

Yes | No
    I love me my beer.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Heroin.

Never had it, but if you're going to make me give up everything else, then give me the strong shit.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstarshiptroopers View Post
    What's your bean of choice? I'm fond of the Dazbog Russian Roulette, but I have to grind the beans myself and make it in my mini-french press. It's not nearly as good in store.
    There is a joint near me, Crema Coffee in San Jose, that imports and roasts over 60 small-batch beans from around the world. I tend to rotate through and buy different beans each time. I grind at home too and tend to do more pour-over than French press - mostly due to volume and cleanup time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapadatass
    It's pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Yes | No
    Not even tylenol or other over the counter drugs? I mean, more power to you, but I don't know many (if any) people who are truly drug free.
    Not against any of it, just don't really use it. Maybe once every great while, but overall nope.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkCO View Post
    That you Kurt?

Naw, I'm nobody anybody would remember from the Phog board.

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    Naw, I'm nobody anybody would remember from the Phog board.
    Doesn't matter. We're glad to have you and look forward to your contributions.
    Grammar Police: To Correct and Serve -- Every time you misspell a word, the errorists win.

Yes | No
    Assuming our choice will be legalized, I'd go weed, if only because it's fewer calories than beer.

Yes | No
    No option for Insulin?

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Everyone in this thread is a moran.

It's cocaine because of 3 little words.

Hooker & Blow

(21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by beakumhawks View Post
    No option for Insulin?
    You have to combine it with alcohol to get any real effect.

Point Forward

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by beakumhawks View Post
    No option for Insulin?
    Just for the purposes of this question, we'll throw in prescription medications and over the counter stuff into "prescription pills."

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    Just for the purposes of this question, we'll throw in prescription medications and over the counter stuff into "prescription pills."
    I think any medication that one is required to take for health reasons should be eliminated from the discussion altogether. (Unless one prefers to be diabetic and to require insulin, in which case they have a whole different set of problems.) This should only be drugs that you take by choice in order to relax/feel good/get through the day.

Point Forward

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTCShore View Post
    I think any medication that one is required to take for health reasons should be eliminated from the discussion altogether. (Unless one prefers to be diabetic and to require insulin, in which case they have a whole different set of problems.) This should only be drugs that you take by choice in order to relax/feel good/get through the day.
    That raises some interesting questions as well. I actually have a medical marijuana card for legit reasons (as in real conditions that have a reasonable amount of scientific evidence showing they are improved with THC and CBD), for example. It's interesting how we often have such a different frame of reference socially and culturally regarding weed. I certainly don't mean to get on a soap box here or anything, just think it's interesting to think about. I mean, I also did my fair share of recreational at one time as well, and I'd admit that I still think of it as a recreational drug even though I take it [I]as prescribed[I] and don't get it from a dealer or anything anymore.

You could make an argument that anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medications are primarily to make people feel good and help them get through the day, yet most (myself included) don't usually think of caffeine or THC or Nicotine or whatever in the same light because of how they're marketed/perceived/have been used historically/whatever.

Yes | No
    The poll is missing super weed.

Mine is sugar, particularly soda.

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    That raises some interesting questions as well. I actually have a medical marijuana card for legit reasons (as in real conditions that have a reasonable amount of scientific evidence showing they are improved with THC and CBD), for example. It's interesting how we often have such a different frame of reference socially and culturally regarding weed. I certainly don't mean to get on a soap box here or anything, just think it's interesting to think about. I mean, I also did my fair share of recreational at one time as well, and I'd admit that I still think of it as a recreational drug even though I take it [I]as prescribed[I] and don't get it from a dealer or anything anymore.

You could make an argument that anti-depressants or anti-anxiety medications are primarily to make people feel good and help them get through the day, yet most (myself included) don't usually think of caffeine or THC or Nicotine or whatever in the same light because of how they're marketed/perceived/have been used historically/whatever.

True. Your point is well taken. However, for the purposes of this thread, I would imagine that there are very few people who would take a diuretic (used to control blood pressure) for any other/recreational purpose. So, it seems to me that for the purposes of this thread we should suspend the NEED for any required medication and imagine we all have healthy bodies that could get along fine without any medications.

Once we've done that, I'm sure many of us would still continue to use something .... caffeine, an occasional glass of wine, an occasional beer, the occasional joint .... or whatever, just for recreational use. With that in mind, which is your "drug of choice"?

Point Forward

Yes | No
    True. Your point is well taken. However, for the purposes of this thread, I would imagine that there are very few people who would take a diuretic (used to control blood pressure) for any other/recreational purpose. So, it seems to me that for the purposes of this thread we should suspend the NEED for any required medication and imagine we all have healthy bodies that could get along fine without any medications.

Once we've done that, I'm sure many of us would still continue to use something .... caffeine, an occasional glass of wine, an occasional beer, the occasional joint .... or whatever, just for recreational use. With that in mind, which is your "drug of choice"?
    If I'm getting a freebie with weed thanks to my medical card (I knew it was good for something other than avoiding taxes) then I'm going with caffeine as my recreational choice.

Yes | No

Same here for me. Stopped the booze a few years back but have dabbled (by "dabbled" I mean two visits to my sister in Colorado in three years) in weed. Like that a lot more than booze and never felt the need to have it like I did with booze back in the day. I loved it until I didn't, but I come from a family of soaks.

Hawkaholic
    Twitter
    JayhawkLifer

Yes | No
    My train of thought derailed. There were no survivors.

Yes | No
    I couldn't believe how affordable the edibles were when I visited CO. Some stuff was on clearance for $1/10mg! A really nice long lasting mellow buzz for $1. Amazing.

Yes | No
    A high dosage of KCl. I can't live in a world with just one mood enhancer.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

unwashed mass

Yes | No
    I voted alcohol. There are too many top-shelf wines and whiskys in the world that I can't afford.

Yes | No
    Voted before I read the OP.

I use marijuana the most, but if I could only have one I think I'd go for alcohol. Most of my friends drink when they hang out and hanging out with people drinking when you aren't isn't very fun in my experience.

I'd miss psychedelics the most. Well, at least until I got some chronic illness in my old age and wasn't allowed to take painkillers.

Yes | No
    About the only "drug" I consume is a little wine (usually with a meal) or an occasional beer (a few times a year is about all). Other than that, I really don't even do caffeine.

Actually, now that I think about it, although I voted alcohol (for the above reason), I have enjoyed Lortab a few times. So, I guess, if it came down to it, and I really wanted to have that available for times when I really want to "relax and feel good," it would probably be a narcotic pain killer.
    I enjoy red wine and that's about my only drug as well.

But I selected pot. I think I'd enjoy being a pothead.

Hawkaholic
    Twitter
    JayhawkLifer

Yes | No
    Well, marijuana has this going for it...

My train of thought derailed. There were no survivors.

Administrator

Yes | No
    illini: Same here for me. Stopped the booze a few years back but have dabbled (by "dabbled" I mean two visits to my sister in Colorado in three years) in weed. Like that a lot more than booze and never felt the need to have it like I did with booze back in the day. I loved it until I didn't, but I come from a family of soaks.
    I stopped the booze last summer, then started back up a bit in the winter thinking I could moderate that shit...not the case...back on the wagon and I don't miss it at all

I don't know if it runs in the family or not, but I developed some bad habits in college that carried into adult life

Now, I wouldn't change anything, but I definitely prefer life off the sauce

I've always had drug tests at work, though my last job was every three years, so I knew when I was safe to try...I don't think I ever got high, but I've smoked a couple times and done edibles once...all three times I was drunk, so that probably didn't help matters

I know this violates this thread, but I would also like to give psychedelics a try...I smoked salvia in college, but I don't recall anything happening...I would probably do shrooms if the opportunity presented itself

Yes | No
    Where's the "All of the Above" option?
    "I know who I am! I'm a dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude"

Yes | No
    We're not subjected to random drug tests (we theoretically are but it hasn't ever happened), but I get put on the box (HRT - Human Reliability Testing) a minimum of every 5 years. So unless I'm sure I can pull off some 007-style pulse control shit to beat it, probably better to just leave stuff I'm not supposed to do alone. Fortunately, I got all my experimenting out of the way in middle school and high school.

That leaves alcohol and caffeine for me. Thankfully, I don't have any sort of addictive tendencies and haven't over-indulged to the point of anything more than a happy buzz in decades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapadatass

Yes | No
    I've never been subjected to a drug test in my life. White privilege? How long does acid stay in your system?

Administrator

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    Heroin.

Never had it, but if you're going to make me give up everything else, then give me the strong shit.
    This guy fucks

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyDisease View Post
    I've never been subjected to a drug test in my life. White privilege? How long does acid stay in your system?

Depends on the type. Fluoroantimonic acid will pretty much stay in your system for the remainder of your life.

Waterboy

Yes | No
    Alcohol, specifically wine. I can't really drink anything else....I'm good at it.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by hankypanky View Post
    Alcohol, specifically wine. I can't really drink anything else....I'm good at it.
    Yes. Yes you are.

Waterboy

Yes | No
    Yes. Yes you are.
    It would be nice if there was a champagne toasting emoticon.

Administrator

Yes | No
    if you know of one, post it here and I will add it

Point Forward

Yes | No
    Depends on the type. Fluoroantimonic acid will pretty much stay in your system for the remainder of your life.
    Is that the kind that was made famous in the 60s? I didn't realize there were different varieties of acid.

Yes | No
    Specifically a Domaine Chandon sparkling toasting emoticon.

Administrator

Yes | No
    if you know of one, post it here and I will add it

This will have to do for now till someone finds something better, haha

Administrator

Yes | No

Waterboy

Yes | No
    Specifically a Domaine Chandon sparkling toasting emoticon.
    Schramsburg these days. Their caves were carved by Chinamen, at least the original ones. I'm hoping when their riddler retires they'll come knocking on my door for my proven effective hand-wrist action and my preference for working dark windowless spaces.

I've said too much.

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    Is that the kind that was made famous in the 60s? I didn't realize there were different varieties of acid.
    No, this a geek joke response. Flouroantimonic acid is a strong chemical compound; a literal acid that is ten quadrillion times stronger than sulfuric acid, and will protonate organic molecules, leaving free protons. It is extremely exothermic in the presence of any amount of water, and if you have ANY of this "in your system" it's not only game over, but an incredibly painful, though quick death.