Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by FranFratelli View Post
    Yeah, this was probably the best chance he was ever going to have to kill Dany. After seeing what just happened to his forces he pretty much had to try.
    If by best chance you mean no chance, then I would agree. There was never any doubt that Drogon wasn't going let Jaime or anyone else hurt the mother of dragons. At least not while he could still draw a fiery breath.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I wouldn't say it was dumb. It was a calculated move for the good of his family and the crown. He was sacrificing himself to take out Danerys, who is the biggest threat to Cersei. So yeah, he was probably gonna die, but he saw an opportunity to take out the Lannisters' biggest challenger so he took it.
    He took it.. And broke a major rule of engagement!
    "I know who I am! I'm a dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude"

Supreme Leader

Yes | No

(21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

Double Secret M0derator
    Twitter
    TheNewCzar
    How many Lowes could Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowes?

Yes | No
    Jon's just got the whole dark and brooding thing going on. Chicks dig it.

Magic Grue Trainer/Author

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by All4KU View Post
    Jon's just got the whole dark and brooding thing going on. Chicks dig it.
    Plus he rarely wears underwear, and when he does it's usually something exotic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapadatass
    It's pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Double Secret M0derator
    Twitter
    TheNewCzar

Yes | No
    bend.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    How many Lowes could Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowes?

Yes | No
    So who dies tonight besides Randyll Tarly, because yeah he should after turning on Olenna Tyrell and treating Samwell like shit. Dickon maybe? With that name he should be ripe for killing. I mean, Dickon?

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    So who dies tonight besides Randyll Tarly, because yeah he should after turning on Olenna Tyrell and treating Samwell like shit. Dickon maybe? With that name he should be ripe for killing. I mean, Dickon?

Well they certainly didn't wait long to prove you right.

Soft

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    Laughed so hard I cried through this. So good.

Chippyz in ur kiltz, doin' ur mathz.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Protist View Post
    Laughed so hard I cried through this. So good.
    Blue-eyed devils!

Soft

Yes | No
    Not a very rewarding episode, IMO. Like a 3 yard run on first down. You'll take it, but...meh.

Yes | No
    Between the dragon petting and Gilly's passage about Rhaegar's annulment they are hitting this Jon Snow is a Targ pretty strong. Any chance its a head fake?

Yes | No
    Petting the dragon was a pretty good clue that Jon might have Targaryen blood. Dany liked it, too, and became enamored with him, if she wasn't already. I think she was ready to jump his bones.

They're almost trying to make Tyrion all sympathetic and reflective. He's the guy who killed his father, who was on the toilet at the time, with a crossbow, strangled his favorite wench, and lit up a fleet of ships at Blackwater with wildfire. Yeah, that guy.

I think Jaime might end up killing Cersei, or betraying her in some way, because he knows they're doomed if they keep fighting the First of Her Name, Breaker of Chains, Mother of Dragons. Jaime's a fucktard like Cersei, but he knows they can't win. Those dragons, yeah.

The only thing that would make the magnificent seven samurai more badass would be if Bronn was with them. I like how they set out in a flying wedge when they left Eastwatch, glancing wistfully behind them as they walked away. Bronn would have made fun of them for that.

They're going to have to start packing a lot of stuff into these remaining episodes. Only two more episodes left in this season, I believe, and then the shortened finale season follows next year or maybe in early 2019.

Where the hell are Sam and Gilly heading to? Winterfell? Dragonstone? Best Western?

Soft

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by WavetheWheat View Post
    Between the dragon petting and Gilly's passage about Rhaegar's annulment they are hitting this Jon Snow is a Targ pretty strong. Any chance its a head fake?
    No chance it's a fake.

Soft

Yes | No

Where the hell are Sam and Gilly heading to? Winterfell? Dragonstone? Best Western?
    Best Westeros.

Yes | No

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    As it stands now, Jon's the rightful heir to the iron throne. He's going to have to murder Dany because she's insane. Also, Tyrion is a Targ too - he's the only other person the dragons have allowed to touch them.

Yes | No
    So was Gilly telling us last night that Jon Snow is actually not Ned Stark's bastard at all, but the legitimate son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark? Cuz she had a book, damn it. The book said Rhaegar annulled his marriage to secretly wed another. That had to be Lyanna, no? So if Dany and Jon get it on, then Jon's totally banging Auntie Daenerys, right? Oh, the webs that are woven in this story.

Yes | No
    As it stands now, Jon's the rightful heir to the iron throne. He's going to have to murder Dany because she's insane. Also, Tyrion is a Targ too - he's the only other person the dragons have allowed to touch them.
    Didn't Tywin say something quite a while back to the effect that he suspected Tyrion was a Targaryen? I mean Tywin was always trying to come up with a way that Tyrion was not a Lannister. I might be making that up, though.

LawrenceRaider

Yes | No
    So was Gilly telling us last night that Jon Snow is actually not Ned Stark's bastard at all, but the legitimate son of Rhaegar Targaryen and Lyanna Stark? Cuz she had a book, damn it. The book said Rhaegar annulled his marriage to secretly wed another. That had to be Lyanna, no? So if Dany and Jon get it on, then Jon's totally banging Auntie Daenerys, right? Oh, the webs that are woven in this story.
    Considering the Targ's love incest, it would fit right in.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by RaiderHawk View Post
    Considering the Targ's love incest, it would fit right in.

To be fair, the only incest that appears to be taboo in this world is brother/sister and maybe parent/child (I don't recall an instance off the top of my head but I'm just assuming).

Many of the houses have married relatives - Starks, Lannisters, Targs etc.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No

Dany being Jon's aunt has been confirmed for a while now. Tower of Joy scenes from previous season confirmed that - neither of them have the slightest idea though.

The new info that came from Gilly is that Jon is the rightful heir to the throne and is not a bastard.

Yes | No
    If I am going north of the wall to fight some zombies. It's going to be with those dudes. That's an all star crew.

Yes | No
    If I am going north of the wall to fight some zombies. It's going to be with those dudes. That's an all star crew.
    It's just missing Bronn's badassery to make it the absolutely perfect crew.

Yes | No
    Dany being Jon's aunt has been confirmed for a while now. Tower of Joy scenes from previous season confirmed that - neither of them have the slightest idea though.

The new info that came from Gilly is that Jon is the rightful heir to the throne and is not a bastard.
    Yep, it's all there in black and white now. Jon Targaryen is the rightful heir. But he's still going to bang Aunt Dany. You just know it.

Administrator

Yes | No
    haven't watched last night's episode, but the thread updates today don't make me super excited for it...seems kinda *yawn*

Yes | No
    Help me out with the "rightful heir" stuff. I get how Jon would be heir to the throne if the Targs were still in charge, but they aren't. Seems to me like it's Okla St. saying "we're rightful heirs to the basketball championship except KU keeps beating us."

Basically, how does Jon or Dany or any Targ have a claim when they were kicked out by Robert's Rebellion?

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Norris View Post
    haven't watched last night's episode, but the thread updates today don't make me super excited for it...seems kinda *yawn*
    Not yawn. It's set up what I predict will be the best episode of the series.

Yes | No
    Hell yeah, it should be. Here's the Episode 6 preview. A flaming sword, too!

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by markhawk View Post
    Help me out with the "rightful heir" stuff. I get how Jon would be heir to the throne if the Targs were still in charge, but they aren't. Seems to me like it's Okla St. saying "we're rightful heirs to the basketball championship except KU keeps beating us."

Basically, how does Jon or Dany or any Targ have a claim when they were kicked out by Robert's Rebellion?

It's already been established in the canon that Robert was worried about Dany/Visarys having more claim to the throne than he did. That's why he sent assassins to kill them.

The Targs were the ones to unite the 7 kingdoms, therefore if anyone is ruling over all 7 - it would be a Targ. Especially if you consider that Jon/Dany/Visarys were born BEFORE the Targs were out of power.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    So seven guys are going to take on an army of white walkers and zombies, capture one of the zombies and take it South? Yeah, that makes sense seeing as how weak the army of the dead was at Hardhome. Should be a piece of cake.

Wouldn't it make more sense to take a single criminal north of the wall, kill him for his crimes, put the body in a cage, wait for it to reanimiate and take that South?

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    So seven guys are going to take on an army of white walkers and zombies, capture one of the zombies and take it South? Yeah, that makes sense seeing as how weak the army of the dead was at Hardhome. Should be a piece of cake.

Wouldn't it make more sense to take a single criminal north of the wall, kill him for his crimes, put the body in a cage, wait for it to reanimiate and take that South?

Hound is gonna die, they're gonna bring him back to King's Landing and then we're gonna have undead Hound vs undead Mountain battle.

Yes | No

Thank you, that's what I've been wondering.

You know who has the best claim right now? Cersei, because she's on the freakin' thing. There is no "rightful heir" when something can be taken by conquest.

LawrenceRaider

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post

Despite the bravado of them marching out from the wall, I would expect their mission to be one of stealth, not confrontation.

Yes | No
    It's already been established in the canon that Robert was worried about Dany/Visarys having more claim to the throne than he did. That's why he sent assassins to kill them.

The Targs were the ones to unite the 7 kingdoms, therefore if anyone is ruling over all 7 - it would be a Targ. Especially if you consider that Jon/Dany/Visarys were born BEFORE the Targs were out of power.
    But Robert won and got the rest to bend the knee. Even if Aerys was alive and exiled in Braavos, he's no longer the ruler and his lineage would need to defeat whoever is sitting in it to get it back.

Another way to ask is: if Dany shows up in Kings Landing, would we expect Cersei to step down and say "It was yours all along; I was just keeping it warm"?

In my view, the "rightful heir" is the next in line of the person currently sitting on the throne. Not someone who had a previous claim. Which begs the question: who is next after Cersei?

(I realize this is all semantics and is inconsequential to the story; but it's a fun discussion.)

Yes | No
    I guess one could make the case that because the Seven Kingdoms were united under the Targaryens, a Targaryen descendant could be seen as the rightful heir. Robert Baratheon knew that, and tried to wipe out the Targaryen line. The Lannisters wanted to wipe out the Baratheons. If Robert had known Jon was Rhaegar's legitimate child, Jon would have died in childhood. Ned had to claim him to save him for his sister's sake. Cersei is not sitting comfortably enough on the Iron Throne to claim she has the absolute right to occupy it, especially not since her brother told her they couldn't beat Dany and her dragons. Besides the heir would be her incestuous love child. Who wants that?

Yes | No
    Here's another question: what happens to the Wall's spell if the Magnificent 7 bring a wight to the south side?

Yes | No
    The "rightful heir" is the one that the lords of Westeros will support. Randyll Tarly did not consider Dany the rightful heir because he already had a queen. Dany had always been told that the lords of Westeros would rally to her cause because she's the rightful heir, but that's really backwards (as she's now found out). The lords determine who will rule them, and Cersei has earned it with fear. Robert earned it through strength of arms. But even as terrible as the last several rulers have been, they're not quick to change course.

Not to get too political, but did anyone else think they were trying to force Randyll down our throats as a Trump analog last night? Makes me wonder if he would have supported Jon, since he was born in Westeros and lived there his whole life?

Besides the heir would be her incestuous love child. Who wants that?
    The Targaryens?

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    It's essentially like Medieval France where whoever sits on the throne would be leary of anyone with a potentially better "claim" to the throne through their ancestors. You wouldn't want disaffected nobles or foreign enemies rallying around the other person's claim and declaring them the "rightful heir." Who the rightful heir is wasn't necessarily a legalistic question. Might makes right in this world, but someone else with a claim gives others a potential reason/excuse to depose whoever is sitting on the throne.

Robert's claim to the throne was based on him being a descendent of the Targaryens. The Baratheon family was founded by one of Aegon the Conqueror's generals who was believed to be his bastard brother. Legally this was a weak claim, but because Aerys was so awful it was enough of a claim for other nobles to rally to Robert's cause. He wanted to kill all the remaining Targs so that anyone who didn't like him could claim the Targ to be the rightful ruler and rally around their cause.

Cersei's claim to the throne is legally somewhat strong at this point. Tommen was the king. His heir would have the best legalistic claim to the throne. That would be his closest living relative, which leaves Cersei and Jamie. Jamie's vows prevent him from inheriting, so Cersei is the heir. Closest living relative actually still follows the same line of succession today when determining who inherits property when someone dies without a will. Any descendents (children, grandchildren) first, then parents, then siblings. Where liberties are being taken here is that in Medieval times women were normally excluded, but as there are no longer close make relatives Cersei it is.

What that means for Jon and Dany is not much. They both have a claim to the throne. Jon's is legally better, but Dany has three dragons. She can take the throne, but Jon's claim only gets truly better if he beats her. Of course, they are going to make like Targs, get married and rule together though.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Here's another question: what happens to the Wall's spell if the Magnificent 7 bring a wight to the south side?

I'm of the opinion that the wall's magic may already be broken due to Bran coming south of the wall. He was marked by the night king and that allowed them to get into the opium den/tree that Bran was getting high in for a few seasons.

Yes | No
    Maybe rightful heir is not the correct term. Perhaps strongest claimant is better. I suspect Dany could play the fear card much better than Cersei. Roast a few towns and villages, toast a few castles, burn the Red Keep, fly some dragons around the countryside, and there would be much fear. But I don't think she wants to win through fear alone, like Cersei.

Dany's strength of arms were already on display with the Dothraki making blood sport out of the Lannister conscripts, with Drogon for aerial support. Hell, the Night King might kick everyone's ass and take charge for all I know. I have no idea who will win the game of thrones, or even if the Seven Kingdoms will still be united in the end. But it's going to be a fun ride.

Soft

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Norris View Post
    I thought it was pretty "meh" but it does put things in place for better action to come.

Yes | No
    I'm of the opinion that the wall's magic may already be broken due to Bran coming south of the wall. He was marked by the night king and that allowed them to get into the opium den/tree that Bran was getting high in for a few seasons.
    This was my thought too.

Yes | No
    Also, couldn't Dany just fly some recon north of the wall on her dragon and see that shit for herself? Or send one of her dragons to sweep in and grab an undead straggler?

Yes | No
    I don't know. Might be kind of dangerous. Dany would have to ride the dragon to do that and, if the Night King managed to bring it down with his mental magic, Dany would be screwed. Besides, she's not entirely sure she believes in these things so going up there in person is not something she's inclined to do. So yeah, she'll wait for proof.

Yes | No
    Yeah Dany doesn't really fully believe in the wall, and also, the dragons don't exactly listen to anyone but her. If she goes away for a while, it's a chance for the Lannisters to strike back at her army without her and the dragons as backup.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    Yeah Dany doesn't really fully believe in the wall, and also, the dragons don't exactly listen to anyone but her. If she goes away for a while, it's a chance for the Lannisters to strike back at her army without her and the dragons as backup.

Granted, with the speed of transportation in this season, she could probably take off on her dragon to go North and be back after one scene of Bran tweaking out on opium.