Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    WWUR Tourney Organizer

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    Yeah, that's for sure. What I was really driving at was how well that story was developing and then all of the sudden it just ended. Arya gets stabbed, dives into a canal, suffers no infections, hides out, gets healed and then kills someone after blowing out a candle. All within 1 episode IIRC
    Yeah they definitely had to speed up her arc to get her back to Westeros to match up with other storyline progressions. I just wish they would have used Lady Stoneheart.

Yes | No
    I don't get mired in the details that ruin it for many of you.

I've read all of the books and hated the book series. It started well, sure. A Feast For Crows was booooring. Ho hum. Another book dealt with new sea or island characters (I forget) that confused the heck of out me and I struggled to keep reading . . . and then there is Catelyn Stark being resurrected and turning into a cross between her old self and a zombie. Seriously? I have no intention of reading the books if they're ever finished (and I doubt they are). Give me the tv series and I'll blissfully enjoy until the end.

WWUR Tourney Organizer

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post

I've read all of the books and hated the book series. It started well, sure. A Feast For Crows was booooring. Ho hum. Another book dealt with new sea or island characters (I forget) that confused the heck of out me and I struggled to keep reading . . . and then there is Catelyn Stark being resurrected and turning into a cross between her old self and a zombie. Seriously? I have no intention of reading the books if they're ever finished (and I doubt they are). Give me the tv series and I'll blissfully enjoy until the end.
    He definitely made it more difficult on the readers when he split the one story arc into two books and the timelines were going back and forth. Made it difficult to figure out who had done what to whom already and what everyone knew. I think he gets a bunch of good ideas in his head and instead of trying to pare it down he just writes and writes and writes till it's all down and then tries to figure out how to make it make sense.

Yes | No
    Lazy as fuck post (c/p from what I posted on the Phog)

Wow, a good episode. FINALLY!!
    Ermagerd! Is Jaime dead???? I hate bullshit "cliffhanger" endings.
    Why the hell was she torching the food train though. Makes zero damn sense. Arya fucking killed it - that scene with Sansa and Littlefinger watching her hold her own against Brienne at half of her size. Loved her reunions all around. Theon is very lucky he didn't lose his other head tonight. The carving in the cave was a nice touch. In fact, the whole Jon and Dany interactions were good this week - although they couldn't have been less subtle about merging the two houses.
    Should be some more nice reunions next week with Tyrion on Bronn and Jaime. And Arya and Jon.

Yes | No
    Best episode easily so far this season. Bran errrrr The Three Eyed Raven quoting Petey and the look on his face was great.
    "No tears please. It's a waste of good suffering."

Yes | No
    And yes. Is anyone on Westeros going to have food for the winter? lulz
    "No tears please. It's a waste of good suffering."

Yes | No
    Bran's is the story line I have always cared the least about.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by All4KU View Post
    I'm guessing he'll have an important part in the conclusion of the story, but right now Asperger Bran is a snoozer.

I am having qualms with Jaime's situation. Minor thing. So Jamie is riding on the bank of the river and Bronn the battlefield linebacker tackles him into the Mariana Trench? At worst, Jaime gets to his knees and is chest-high in water. Lame cliffhanger, IMO.

I especially liked Littlefinger and Sansa both having that WTF look watching Arya against Brienne. Uncle Petey is realizing he doesn't offer much in the way of protection when little brother is all-knowing, little sister is a lethal killing machine, and Sansa won't let him smash.
    Chippyz in ur kiltz, doin' ur mathz.

Yes | No
    Bronn may be the most badass character on Team Lannister. Hell, he might even be top 5 in all of Westeros. He's pretty much made a living kicking ass and saving Jaime throughout the story.

Yes | No
    Very fun episode. This season has been great. I wish the episode was longer. Only so many "baller" previews I can take.

Yes | No
    Bronn may be the most badass character on Team Lannister. Hell, he might even be top 5 in all of Westeros. He's pretty much made a living kicking ass and saving Jaime throughout the story.
    How much longer will he be on team Lannister though? Likely he'll be taking his talents elsewhere next week. And really, Bronn has only ever been on team Bronn.

Soft

Yes | No
    Pretty good episode. Would have had more weight if Jaime, Bronn, and the dragon all died at the end. That would have shook everything up, but everything is still kind of in its place.

WWUR Tourney Organizer

Yes | No
    I am anxious to see the Jorah/Dany reunion.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    I love how Bronn had just enough time to recover to save Jaime somehow.
    (01:48:08) samandbendriveme: alright....later guys....i gotta go let someone suckle my teet

http://www.wavingthewheat.com/misc/HiD.jpg

Yes | No
    The books portray a much more interesting story arc with far more intricate details on things like warging, greenseeing, and the weirwood network. The show's portrayal of the Children of the Forrest is weak at best. With Bran, the books show how important he is to the entire Song of Fire and Ice- perhaps the most important character of all. There's a reason why the most knowledgeable characters in the story (Children of the Forrest, Jojen Reed, Coldhands, et al) are willing to sacrifice themselves for Bran; and the show has done a horrible job conveying his abilities. He's basically considered to be the most powerful weapon against 'The Others' (other than perhaps the second coming of Azor Ahai). His training in the books- within the weirwood roots network and with the 3-eyed raven- was completely botched by the show (but is pretty entertaining in the books, IMO). I thought it would play out better on the show than it has..

I agree that his story line is the worst in the show- but that's on the show fucking up; not on what GRRM gave them to work with.
    "I know who I am! I'm a dude playin' a dude disguised as another dude"

Yes | No
    No, not blaming Martin. They TV rendition is just bad.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    There is nothing worse to me in the books than a Bran chapter. Oh look, Bran is warging into his wolf again and going hunting! Bran sucks in the books and the shows.

Yes | No
    So ... at work today it was all "is Jaime dead?". If left up to GRRM, perhaps he might be. With all that armor, you'd think he'd sink like a stone, but probably not. But that's what they want you to think. I think he gets fished out of the water by some Dothraki's or someone, and taken hostage by Dany. They all but annihilate the Lannister army and the loot train, capture Jaime, and it drives Cersei crazy. She'll want a piece of Dany, big time. I think Jaime is important for Cersei to play off of, so he'll either escape or get traded back to Cersei for whatever. Maybe Brienne will show up and save him or something.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Wait, people are under the impression Jamie might be dead?

(21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

Double Secret M0derator
    Twitter
    TheNewCzar

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by chadrea View Post
    I am anxious to see the Jorah/Dany reunion.

Yes, friend zone part 2

On a side note, I ran across /r/freefolk on reddit last week. It's like this place but full of GOT fans.
    How many Lowes could Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowes?

Double Secret M0derator
    Twitter
    TheNewCzar

Yes | No
    GRRM has hinted the end will be bitter sweet. Seeing how lots of visuals like the circles and drawings are hinting at 'balance' it would not surprise me if 1) Jon and Dany hook up, 2) Sansa takes over as the warden of the North, 3) Cersei gets gone, 4) To defeat the Nights King and restore balance Dany becomes the Nights Queen and Jon King of the 7 Kingdoms. Dany goes north, Jons goes south and they keep in touch via snap-raven.

Administrator

Yes | No
    Just watched last night, thought it was a great episode

No way Jaime is dead, as mentioned above, maybe if GRRM was still at the reigns, but not gonna happen on this show, what would have been the point of Bronn saving him then?

Also, charging a dragon with a spear, what could go wrong? Was nice to finally see some havoc

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Norris View Post
    Just watched last night, thought it was a great episode

No way Jaime is dead, as mentioned above, maybe if GRRM was still at the reigns, but not gonna happen on this show, what would have been the point of Bronn saving him then?

Also, charging a dragon with a spear, what could go wrong? Was nice to finally see some havoc

He wasn't charging the dragon, he was charging Dany.

LawrenceRaider

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by sean View Post

The books declining quality of writing has been drudgery. I'll still finish them if the improbable happens and GRRM actually finishes any more books. Hell, I read all of the Wheel of Time books.

Yes | No
    And the dragon was having none of it.

Administrator

Yes | No
    I guess I should have worded that differently

charging "toward" a dragon

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by dewarsrocks View Post
    Yes, friend zone part 2

On a side note, I ran across /r/freefolk on reddit last week. It's like this place but full of GOT fans.
    Took a jaunt over there. It's pretty enjoyable, not the usual fare of adoring GoT worshippers circle-jerking to anything and everything. Pretty fun discussion going on about why a number of people are up in arms about Dany using her dragon to fry the Lannister army and loot train, and calling her fucked up and evil for doing it. Did they say that about Tyrion when he fried Stannis' people with wildfire? What about Cersei frying the Sept and anyone else who was in the area? Of course, people expect Cersei to do shit like that, but still. Jaime's no lovable choir boy; he's pretty fucked up, too. If Cersei and Jaime had dragons, they'd be frying the shit out of things left and right.

Yes | No
    Been listening to the podcast Oysters, Clams and Cockells

Its pretty entertaining breakdown of episodes although the girl on the podcast tries to hard and curses more than she needs to.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by WavetheWheat View Post
    Been listening to the podcast Oysters, Clams and Cockells

Its pretty entertaining breakdown of episodes although the girl on the podcast tries to hard and curses more than she needs to.

Nothing in the world has surprised me less than to find out that you listen to the GrandEx Media GoT podcast.

Double Secret M0derator
    Twitter
    TheNewCzar

Yes | No
    Took a jaunt over there. It's pretty enjoyable, not the usual fare of adoring GoT worshippers circle-jerking to anything and everything. Pretty fun discussion going on about why a number of people are up in arms about Dany using her dragon to fry the Lannister army and loot train, and calling her fucked up and evil for doing it. Did they say that about Tyrion when he fried Stannis' people with wildfire? What about Cersei frying the Sept and anyone else who was in the area? Of course, people expect Cersei to do shit like that, but still. Jaime's no lovable choir boy; he's pretty fucked up, too. If Cersei and Jaime had dragons, they'd be frying the shit out of things left and right.
    I like the folks pointing out that this is like .00001% of the food in Westeros. I'd think they were hoping they'd get to the gold but who's to say that doesn't sink on the way back to The Iron Bank vaults.

This was also a show of force since Cersei has been doing all the winning.

FYI, that subreddit is insanely interested in #boatsex

Yes | No
    Nothing in the world has surprised me less than to find out that you listen to the GrandEx Media GoT podcast.
    I don't know what this means?

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by dewarsrocks View Post
    I like the folks pointing out that this is like .00001% of the food in Westeros. I'd think they were hoping they'd get to the gold but who's to say that doesn't sink on the way back to The Iron Bank vaults.

This was also a show of force since Cersei has been doing all the winning.

FYI, that subreddit is insanely interested in #boatsex
    Frankly, I also think Dany was sending a strong message. "Dear Cersei, I'm here bitch and I'm ready to play. I ain't sittin' around no mo' waitin' on your sorry whore ass. Here, have a dragon". If Dany ends up with Jaime as a hostage, and I suspect she will, that will drive Cersei even more mad than she already is; at that point it's probably balls to the wall and scorched earth for her. But if they actually did kill Jaime off, then I have no idea what that would do except make Jaime fans cry.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by WavetheWheat View Post
    I don't know what this means?
    It's the Post Grad Problems/Total Frat Move etc media company.

Yes | No
    It's the Post Grad Problems/Total Frat Move etc media company.
    Oh yea. I think I got link from a gallery of hot bikini chicks.

Magic Grue Trainer/Author

Yes | No
    I wouldn't have minded seeing Dany run through with Jaime's spear, then the 3 dragons, with no one to control them, go completely ape-shit and lay waste to everyone and everything in Westeros.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapadatass
    It's pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Administrator

Yes | No
    Got like 10 more episodes before they do that

Yes | No
    Samwell Tarly will end up on the Iron Throne. Bookmarket.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Samwell Tarly will end up on the Iron Throne. Bookmarket.

Sam = GRRM. He's going to close the series by finishing his book on the War of the 5 Kings, closing it and having the title be "A Song of Ice and Fire"*

*Of course we all know GRRM is never actually going to finish this series.

Yes | No
    I could be missing something, but is there a reason a raven hasn't been sent to Dragonstone to let Jon know that Bran and Arya are both alive and in Winterfell? He's been there for weeks, and he has to have sent word back to the North that they've been given permission to mine the dragon glass so communications are open. Maybe Sansa knows that Jon would rush back without accomplishing what he needs to do at Dragonstone?

Yes | No
    There will be another series set in the Westeros universe when this one is done. They are already making plans for it. Not a spinoff or a sequel, necessarily. Maybe going back in time like Star Wars did with the first one being Episode 4. Perhaps back to when the Targaryens ruled and maybe up to the time Lyanna Stark was romping around. Maybe they'll focus on the Great Houses. I could dig it.

The show runners said they are most definitely not done with with this genre and this series. They said there is way too much story to explore and develop and way too many fans to ignore. But they don't want to throw out just some shit to throw out shit. There are apparently four scripts and ideas being developed, with perhaps a fifth one in the works. They'll pick one and run with it.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    There will be another series set in the Westeros universe when this one is done. They are already making plans for it. Not a spinoff or a sequel, necessarily. Maybe going back in time like Star Wars did with the first one being Episode 4. Perhaps back to when the Targaryens ruled and maybe up to the time Lyanna Stark was romping around. Maybe they'll focus on the Great Houses. I could dig it.

The show runners said they are most definitely not done with with this genre and this series. They said there is way too much story to explore and develop and way too many fans to ignore. But they don't want to throw out just some shit to throw out shit. There are apparently four scripts and ideas being developed, with perhaps a fifth one in the works. They'll pick one and run with it.

I am 100% here for the Dickon spin off so we can laugh uncontrollably every Sunday

Yes | No
    Tyrion to Jamie Lannister: Flee you idiot!!
    Us to Jamie Lannister: Flee you idiot!
    Jaime Lannister: LEEEERRRRROOOOOYYY JENKINS!

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by GardArmighty View Post

Tyrion in that scene reminded me of Gandalf "Run, you fools".

Yes | No
    Charging with a toothpick in the direction of a wounded dragon, whose mother is trying to help him, is not one of Jaime's smarter moves.

Yes | No
    Charging with a toothpick in the direction of a wounded dragon, whose mother is trying to help him, is not one of Jaime's smarter moves.
    I wouldn't say it was dumb. It was a calculated move for the good of his family and the crown. He was sacrificing himself to take out Danerys, who is the biggest threat to Cersei. So yeah, he was probably gonna die, but he saw an opportunity to take out the Lannisters' biggest challenger so he took it.

Administrator

Yes | No
    Are we rooting for the Lannisters? I certainly am not

but knowing how GoT goes, I am fully prepared for Cersei to win in the end

also, I fully understand that Jaime was sacrificing himself to take out Dany, my point is/was, it was a poor calculation, that was a stupid move on all accounts

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I wouldn't say it was dumb. It was a calculated move for the good of his family and the crown. He was sacrificing himself to take out Danerys, who is the biggest threat to Cersei. So yeah, he was probably gonna die, but he saw an opportunity to take out the Lannisters' biggest challenger so he took it.
    Yeah, this was probably the best chance he was ever going to have to kill Dany. After seeing what just happened to his forces he pretty much had to try.

Yes | No
    Also, since it's been mentioned ITT.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Norris View Post
    Are we rooting for the Lannisters? I certainly am not

but knowing how GoT goes, I am fully prepared for Cersei to win in the end

also, I fully understand that Jaime was sacrificing himself to take out Dany, my point is/was, it was a poor calculation, that was a stupid move on all accounts
    Don't be so concrete, Joe. It was a brilliant Leroy Jenkins joke! I just wish I had thought of it first.

Administrator

Yes | No
    Don't be so concrete, Joe. It was a brilliant Leroy Jenkins joke! I just wish I had thought of it first.
    Oh, I loved the Leroy Jenkins joke, I chortled heartily

but I was hoping for Jaime to get roasted, so I was encouraging him to make a stupid decision