Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    High Class Wheater

Yes | No

Spoilers: Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

So Theon is still a little bitch. Arya heads north and that may or may not have been Nymeria. What does Dany do now that she doesn't have the Dornish army? Does she follow Olenna's advice?

Yes | No
    I haven't seen this episode yet, but will soon. Does Lyanna Mormont stare daggers at anyone and make them cry with her words?

Double Secret M0derator
    Twitter
    TheNewCzar

Yes | No
    I feel sorry for the baker Arya ran back into. He's a nice guy and you know how that goes in Westeros. I think that was Nymeria. The two won't be far apart and will come back together in some Dire(Wolf) situation.
    How many Lowes could Rob Lowe rob if Rob Lowe could rob Lowes?

Yes | No
    That was definitely Nymeria. When Arya said "that's not you" she was basically coming to the understanding that the direwolf really didn't belong back in the North with her in a castle. It was her basically projecting herself onto the wolf as she is deciding whether to go north or south. I expect that Arya will turn around next week and head south to King's Landing to fulfill her destiny by killing Cersei. Since she is faceless now, I bet she either takes Jaime or Tyrion's face when she chokes Cersei to death to fulfill the valonqhar prophecy.

Yes | No
    Solid episode! Episode 1 set the table, and now things are starting to happen. Nice sex scene. Loved the pus squirting out of Jorah.

We haven't seen the last of Nymeria.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Wouldn't she have to kill Jamie or Tyrion first to take their faces?

Yes | No
    Only the Mountain and Cersei are really left on her list as far as the important characters are concerned. I really have to feel that the Hound and the Mountain have to have their battle for those characters' payoff. Thus, it really is between Jaime, Arya, and Tyrion for who gets to kill Cersei. I would bet Tyrion gets his moment by riding a dragon in battle and saving the north. I don't think Jaime will kill Cersei, but for his character to complete his redemptive arc, maybe it is possible that he sacrifices himself during a battle in which Arya kills him somehow.

Yes | No
    Great episode. Samuel was doing some pretty nasty debridement.

Double Secret M0derator
    Twitter
    TheNewCzar

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by WavetheWheat View Post
    Yeah, really nasty and effective cut away to that pie.

Double Secret M0derator
    Twitter
    TheNewCzar

Yes | No
    Here's hoping John Snow returns to the north with this t-shirt:

Went for some Dragon Glass
    Got Some
    (mother of) Dragon Ass

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    You know it's going to happen. They'll discover Jon can't be burned by fire so he's a Targ. Then, the family instincts for incest will kick in. It is known.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    You know it's going to happen. They'll discover Jon can't be burned by fire so he's a Targ. Then, the family instincts for incest will kick in. It is known.
    Agree with this. I also think it will turn our that Tyrion was not Tywin's son and that the Mad King is his father.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by dewarsrocks View Post
    Here's hoping John Snow returns to the north with this t-shirt:

Went for some Dragon Glass
    Got Some
    (mother of) Dragon Ass
    I wish to purchase that T-shirt when they become available.

Yes | No
    Okay, now I have time. I'm going to sit down and watch this episode. Lyanna Mormont had better be in it. She's a raging tweener badass in charge of shit.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by All4KU View Post
    Okay, now I have time. I'm going to sit down and watch this episode. Lyanna Mormont had better be in it. She's a raging tweener badass in charge of shit.
    I remember only one line, but a couple badass looks.

canoe dude

Yes | No
    That 4 minute long scene with the Eunach was stupid. She is hot. But we don't need 4 minutes of unimportant characters when there is so many other things going on.

I think both Theon and Tara would have been killed if Then tried something. Live to fight another day
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “Fuck waffles.”

Magic Grue Trainer/Author

Yes | No

Game of Thrones Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ramblinman73 View Post
    That 4 minute long scene with the Eunach was stupid. She is hot. But we don't need 4 minutes of unimportant characters when there is so many other things going on.

I think both Theon and Tara would have been killed if Then tried something. Live to fight another day
    I think that was in direct response to criticism that GoT was lacking diversity. I saw the two creators in a discussion panel on YouTube (or somewhere) and they mentioned that even though they were side characters, they are still important to the story. Fast forward to this season: They couldn't re-write the story to make the characters more integral, so instead we get a 4 minute fuck-fest between a chocolate hottie and a GI Ken® doll with a limited vocabulary.

I think that's why they also threw in Melisandre telling Dragon Ass that she was a slave once - they needed to show that not every slave in the show was black.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapadatass
    Last edited by FrobozMumbar; 07-24-2017 at 07:47 AM.
    It's pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Yes | No
    Yeah, it was forced, but she was fun to look at.

canoe dude

Yes | No
    DragonAss. I like it!
    And now, in the interest of equal time, here is a message from the National Institute of Pancakes: It reads, and I quote, “Fuck waffles.”

Yes | No
    Oh, yeah. Jon Snow is so going to him some Dany.

Mr. Networking

Yes | No
    I have nothing to base this on but my own gut feel, but I'm thinking that this first 7 episode segment will have lots of bad stuff happening to Dany and the crew as their takeover of Westeros will not be nearly as easy as they thought..also look for 1 or more of the dragons to get offed in the process. The final 6 episode segment will be more of a redemption and Dany and/or Jon Snow will finally be able to band everybody together to defeat the white walkers. I wouldn't be surprised if after that final victory, the monarchy is dissolved. Again, just my intuition.

Yes | No
    Ice and Fire. Jon and Dany. It is known.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbinlawrence View Post
    I have nothing to base this on but my own gut feel, but I'm thinking that this first 7 episode segment will have lots of bad stuff happening to Dany and the crew as their takeover of Westeros will not be nearly as easy as they thought..also look for 1 or more of the dragons to get offed in the process. The final 6 episode segment will be more of a redemption and Dany and/or Jon Snow will finally be able to band everybody together to defeat the white walkers. I wouldn't be surprised if after that final victory, the monarchy is dissolved. Again, just my intuition.
    I'm pulling for Cersei to win it all in the end just to piss off the fan base.

Yes | No
    Ice and Fire. Jon and Dany. It is known.
    Cousin-fucking - It's the Targaryen way.

I'm actually pretty convinced that George R.R. Martin had a thing for a relative at some point in his life.

Administrator

Yes | No
    I know it's obvious, but I'm gonna throw "Spoilers" in the title, just so people can't bitch in the event that something is spoiled

preemptive maneuver

Yes | No
    Thanks, Dad.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Norris View Post
    I know it's obvious, but I'm gonna throw "Spoilers" in the title, just so people can't bitch in the event that something is spoiled

preemptive maneuver

Administrator

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by GardArmighty View Post
    Thanks, Dad.
    does this mean I can put you in timeout, I will ban you

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Norris View Post
    does this mean I can put you in timeout, I will ban you
    /slams door

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirehawk View Post
    I'm pulling for Cersei to win it all in the end just to piss off the fan base.
    That would piss off sooooooo many people. But it would be funny as hell to watch twitter and youtube reactions.

Yes | No
    That would piss off sooooooo many people. But it would be funny as hell to watch twitter and youtube reactions.
    And if you think about it, it's the last real unexpected thing they could do. The show (at least) has been messing with viewers from the go, so why would they fall into tired old good wins/evil loses tropes now?

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    I was hoping Jon Snow was going to be dead dead and stay that way for that very reason.

Yes | No
    If I were Martin I would just have Winter win with a parting aerial shot of the entirety of Westeros covered in snow and the living dead.

I am a bit confused as to why only Westeros is threatened by winter though. Wouldn't it just make sense for all the kingdoms to go east if it gets too bad?

Yes | No
    I think Jon will rule AS a White Walker, perhaps with Dany by his side. Final smash cut would be Dany/Jon skeletal forms on the throne.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
    If I were Martin I would just have Winter win with a parting aerial shot of the entirety of Westeros covered in snow and the living dead.

I am a bit confused as to why only Westeros is threatened by winter though. Wouldn't it just make sense for all the kingdoms to go east if it gets too bad?
    Perhaps a real spoiler alert is needed here.

The East is a lot more crowded and dangerous than it appears in the main books and TV show. The companion book The World of Ice and Fire has quite a few details or at least those that would be known by a Westerosi maester. If you think of Westeros as midddle ages Europe, the part of the East we've seen as along the lines of the Middle East and Russian steppe. There's a lot more out there.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by GregA View Post
    Perhaps a real spoiler alert is needed here.

The East is a lot more crowded and dangerous than it appears in the main books and TV show. The companion book The World of Ice and Fire has quite a few details or at least those that would be known by a Westerosi maester. If you think of Westeros as midddle ages Europe, the part of the East we've seen as along the lines of the Middle East and Russian steppe. There's a lot more out there.
    Does that book explain why winter and the dead are not a threat to it? Or has that possibility just never come up?

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
    Does that book explain why winter and the dead are not a threat to it? Or has that possibility just never come up?
    Didn't explain it directly if I recall correctly. But, it's probably a matter of geography. Everything known in Essos is south of The North in Westeros. There is permanent ice to the east, but it's separated from the continent by water. To some extent though it seems that the East is effected, but it hasn't been explained yet how exactly. Melisandra comes from Asshai and has tales of the Long Night and Azhor Azhai and all that. Asshai is located somewhere to the east of the edge of what is really the known world for people in Westeros.

WWUR Tourney Organizer

Yes | No
    God I so want to see a battle scene with Lyanna charging over the mountain on a big bad War Bear. That would be EPIC!

Yes | No
    The only thing that is annoying is the continued constant questioning of anything said by Jon at this council shit. We get it, people don't agree with his decisions. It seems forced and boring. Cue the cut of Sansa or Petey looking at the other one, Jon said something . . .
    Last edited by kirbonzi; 07-24-2017 at 07:26 PM.
    "No tears please. It's a waste of good suffering."

Yes | No
    I'd love to see Littlefinger get terminated. Sansa is indeed becoming quite annoying.

Yes | No
    What about that episode was "good" to you?

Yes | No
    I just find the Sansa character tremendously boring. Maybe it's just me? What's she like in the books?
    Last edited by kirbonzi; 07-24-2017 at 07:35 PM.
    "No tears please. It's a waste of good suffering."

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by kirbonzi View Post
    I just find the Sansa character tremendously boring. Maybe it's just me? What's she like in the book?
    Boring as hell. At least in the show she's not too bad to look at. Book readers mostly have all wanted to kill her by the time they finish the 4th one.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBricklayer View Post
    What about that episode was "good" to you?
    All of it?

Yes | No
    All of it?
    Ha, I think you are handling the thread with kid gloves for the visiting patrons. It was awful! That Arya/Hotpie reunions was one of the most awkward and random things I've seen. The Nymeria reunion lacked any sort of emotion. Dany's "girl power" council was silly and the Jon dialogue forced. She doesn't seem a capable ruler at all, except she has dragons and can't be burned.

The only good part was Varys standing up to naive and senseless Dany, and then Jon actually getting pissed off for once and choking Littlefinger, though that's probably how he likes it.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBricklayer View Post
    Ha, I think you are handling the thread with kid gloves for the visiting patrons. It was awful! That Arya/Hotpie reunions was one of the most awkward and random things I've seen. The Nymeria reunion lacked any sort of emotion. Dany's "girl power" council was silly and the Jon dialogue forced. She doesn't seem a capable ruler at all, except she has dragons and can't be burned.

The only good part was Varys standing up to naive and senseless Dany, and then Jon actually getting pissed off for once and choking Littlefinger, though that's probably how he likes it.
    Nah...I really liked it. But its ok to disagree.

I think we watch tv differently. My life is stressful enough. I don't expect much out of my television except an escape from daily grind. It did its job. I didn't think of one other thing during the show. Job done.

High Class Wheater

Yes | No
    I thought it was a fairly solid episode. It did the work it was supposed to do of moving the story along and entertained along the way. If you have problems with wooden dialogue, bad acting, and Dany being a crappy leader, not sure why you would watch the show for 7 seasons. That's all been true since the beginning. It's a TV show, not Shakespeare.

Administrator

Yes | No
    I thought the first 45 was a little slow, and then the last 15 was great

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by chadrea View Post
    God I so want to see a battle scene with Lyanna charging over the mountain on a big bad War Bear. That would be EPIC!
    I mentioned on the Phog before it went wherever it went that I will be sorely disappointed if, in the final battle scenes, we don't see Lady Lyanna Mormont riding a war bear while leading 62 House Mormont warriors riding war bears. Like "You don't think 62 of us are enough? Fuck you, we have war bears. You know nothing, Jon Snow".

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    I'd love to see Littlefinger get terminated. Sansa is indeed becoming quite annoying.

Becoming annoying? Sansa has been the most annoying character since episode 1.

(21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

Yes | No
    I mentioned on the Phog before it went wherever it went that I will be sorely disappointed if, in the final battle scenes, we don't see Lady Lyanna Mormont riding a war bear while leading 62 House Mormont warriors riding war bears. Like "You don't think 62 of us are enough? Fuck you, we have war bears. You know nothing, Jon Snow".
    Classic misread. She actually lives on Bare Island, where there is scant any food and barely enough supplies to feed the population. Their tourism center consists of a large boulder.