Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Thread: Plex Update

Administrator

Yes | No

Plex Update

Anyone that has plex, just wanted to let you know, the issue was finally resolved. Thanks to the efforts of a certain admin, I was able to get all my media on local storage and I uploaded (or started the upload) last night

there are two servers, make sure to check both...PM me with questions

Yes | No
    Since Joe Norris is the person who told me about Plex, i guess i'll ask a question here. I'm about to put a lot of my music from my laptop to ipod. Can you do that with being a premium member and how exactly do you upload the songs? I don't know if this helps with your answer, but i have all the music from the free youtube to mp3 converter.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu123 View Post
    Since Joe Norris is the person who told me about Plex, i guess i'll ask a question here. I'm about to put a lot of my music from my laptop to ipod. Can you do that with being a premium member and how exactly do you upload the songs? I don't know if this helps with your answer, but i have all the music from the free youtube to mp3 converter.

This should get you started

I don't think you need to have a PlexPass to upload content though I could be wrong there.

(21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

Yes | No
    thanks, green thumb.

Administrator

Yes | No
    I believe z5 is right, you do not have to have plexpass to set up a server, but if you want to access your media remotely (aka, not over wifi) you need to have plexpass...lifetime pass for $150 or whatever it is now is worth it...highly recommend

Administrator

Yes | No
    Did you get this figured out qwerty?

I'm happy to help if you need it, feel free to PM any questions

Yes | No
    i'm going to do it soon

Yes | No
    I've been having issues accessing your Plex, Joe.

Administrator

Yes | No
    What issues, do tell?

Power went out yesterday for a few hours so it was down yesterday

Double Secret M0derator

Yes | No
    You don't need the Plex Pass to setup and use a server local, only if you want remote access. Plex is the bombdiggity, I got the lifetime back when they were still $75. Plex runs specials from time to time discounting the lifetime Plex Pass. Right now I have a couple 5TB drives holding my movie/tv/music collection. There's a few nice companion apps that will keep your tv shows updated with the latest episodes.

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Norris View Post
    What issues, do tell?

Power went out yesterday for a few hours so it was down yesterday
    It appears to be working now. Thanks.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by dewarsrocks View Post
    You don't need the Plex Pass to setup and use a server local, only if you want remote access. Plex is the bombdiggity, I got the lifetime back when they were still $75. Plex runs specials from time to time discounting the lifetime Plex Pass. Right now I have a couple 5TB drives holding my movie/tv/music collection. There's a few nice companion apps that will keep your tv shows updated with the latest episodes.

Plex made it very, VERY easy to cut the cord and ditch cable.

(21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value