Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 50 of 96

Thread: Next year

  1. #1


    Yes | No

    Next year

    Who do you think goes/stays?

    Do we have a chance of plucking duval from Duke?

    Do we get #14?

    Does Malik Newman live up to the hype after a disappointing season at Miss State?

    We have a lot of schollys, but not many high level prospects out there. Will we have a shallow bench again?

    These are the biggest question marks going into the season, but if there's one thing Self does it's winning consistently.

  2. #2


    Yes | No
    I should also point out that besides Kentucky, the non conference schedule isn't that tough. Arizona State, Nebraska and Stanford are three other games of note. Will they play in a early season tournament?

  3. #3
    Magic Grue Trainer/Author
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Great Underground Empire
    Posts
    5,798


    Yes | No
    We're playing UK in Chicago on Nov 14. Is that part of a tournament or just a single game?
    Last edited by FrobozMumbar; 03-27-2017 at 02:01 PM.

  4. #4


    Yes | No
    I'm sure we will be very good again, and then shit down our leg in the NCAA tourney.

  5. #5


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
    We're playing UK in Chicago on Nov 14. Is that part of a tournament or just a single game?
    champions classic
    Last edited by qwertyu123; 03-27-2017 at 03:44 PM.

  6. #6
    Supreme Leader
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eating Puppy Chow
    Posts
    16,230


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
    I'm sure we will be very good again, and then shit down our leg in the NCAA tourney.

    I fail to see how an Elite 8 and losing to a 3 seed (#9 overall) is shitting down our leg but okay.


    (21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

  7. #7
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    19,848


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    I fail to see how an Elite 8 and losing to a 3 seed (#9 overall) is shitting down our leg but okay.
    007 is a guy that likes to say i'm a bad fan cause I don't see a sweet sixteen as a failure....he is not to be reasoned with

  8. #8
    Supreme Leader
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eating Puppy Chow
    Posts
    16,230


    Yes | No
    To answer the question:

    We're in the running for Duval, his decision may depend on Graham's. I would lean towards Graham staying because I think Trae Young would have come here if he was leaving.

    Under the radar guy to watch: Hutch JuCo Star Shakur Juiston. He was recently named MOP in the JuCo F4 in Hutch. He averaged a double double this year I believe. He could be depth since we'll have schollies. I expect that we get him or at least a grad transfer for depth. I don't think we fill out our schollies with high school kids simply because we have too many of them. I think it's pretty clear by now that Self wants to fill out his schollies every year - never know when you stumble on a diamond in the rough and if you need the scholarship 2 years later, you just push the guy out.


    A starting 5 of Newman, Graham, Svi, Preston and Dok will be plenty good. Vick, Lightfoot, Coleby, Cunliffe will be a good bench rotation as well. We'll get 14, but part of that will be because I expect the Big 12 to take a step back next year (No Monte Morris, Motley, Jarrett Allen, Jawuan Evans). WVU will probably be the biggest hurdle.


    (21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

  9. #9
    Magic Grue Trainer/Author
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Great Underground Empire
    Posts
    5,798


    Yes | No
    The team is going to play in Italy this summer too:

    The Jayhawks will arrive Aug. 1 in Rome and play games there on Aug. 2 and 3. KU will play games on Aug. 5 and 6 in Milan, Italy. The Jayhawks will tour the Roman Colosseum on Aug. 2 and Vatican City on Aug. 3 and also have a day trip to Lake Como on Aug. 7.

  10. #10
    Part of the problem
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sun City, Antarctica
    Posts
    10,110
    Twitter
    MissTCShore


    Yes | No
    I don't have high expectations for next year, although I agree with Z5 that we'll probably be good enough to win the conference and get #14. I, too, have lower expectations for the Big XII.

    I think Graham will be back. I don't think he's shown anything that would suggest he's NBA ready. Bragg isn't going to the NBA, so he'll either transfer or he'll be coming off the bench, next year. I'd bet Self will have a heart-to-heart talk with him and he'll have to decide whether or not he's going to work to become part of the team and stay out of trouble. If he comes back, he'll be on a short leash.

    We'll have a solid team and a solid Bench, but I don't see us having the kind of All-American caliber players like Frank Mason and Josh Jackson that will give us any national buzz about a run to a National Title. It's obviously WAAAYYY too early to make a prediction about next year's post-season, but I think we'll have a LONG way to go if we want to get past the Sweet 16 next year. That doesn't mean it can't be done. Jackson, this year, was much, much better than I think most people expected. Who knows what player or players might be better than expected? Who knows what player or players might make a leap forward in their skills compared to how they played this year?

    I think Vick and Lightfoot could be players that have room to improve that could make a leap forward. I think, as seniors, Graham, Svi and Coleby aren't going to make huge leaps forward, however, Graham could step up and realize that he has to do more to make up for the loss of Mason. So we'll likely see him score more. But I don't necessarily see his skill set taking a giant leap forward.
    Grammar Police: To Correct and Serve -- Every time you misspell a word, the errorists win.

  11. #11


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    I fail to see how an Elite 8 and losing to a 3 seed (#9 overall) is shitting down our leg but okay.
    You can't be serious. Oregon was without one of their best players. It was a fucking home game. We'd been playing unreal. We played by far the worst game of the year, and let Oregon dictate everything. If that isn't shitting down your leg, I don't know what is.

  12. #12
    Too Poor to Afford KenPom
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lawrence
    Posts
    2,101


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
    You can't be serious. Oregon was without one of their best players. It was a fucking home game. We'd been playing unreal. We played by far the worst game of the year, and let Oregon dictate everything. If that isn't shitting down your leg, I don't know what is.
    You are conflating not playing well with shitting down your leg. I don't think those are the same thing.
    Victoria Concordia Crescit

    Voted WtW's Most Knowledgeable About Basketball - 11/19/2012

  13. #13


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Gooner View Post
    You are conflating not playing well with shitting down your leg. I don't think those are the same thing.
    We didn't play well because we shit down our leg.

  14. #14
    Too Poor to Afford KenPom
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lawrence
    Posts
    2,101


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
    We didn't play well because we shit down our leg.
    It is entirely possible that we played poorly because Oregon played extremely well. In fact, I think that is far more likely to be the case.
    Victoria Concordia Crescit

    Voted WtW's Most Knowledgeable About Basketball - 11/19/2012

  15. #15
    Supreme Leader
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eating Puppy Chow
    Posts
    16,230


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
    We didn't play well because we shit down our leg.

    I want to know if you think Nova shit down their leg, or Duke, or Louisville, or Zona.


    (21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

  16. #16


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    I want to know if you think Nova shit down their leg, or Duke, or Louisville, or Zona.
    Yes. They all did. As did we, as we do every year. Oregon played well because we were completely unprepared....AGAIN.

  17. #17
    Too Poor to Afford KenPom
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lawrence
    Posts
    2,101


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
    Yes. They all did. As did we, as we do every year. Oregon played well because we were completely unprepared....AGAIN.
    do you actually believe the words you say
    Victoria Concordia Crescit

    Voted WtW's Most Knowledgeable About Basketball - 11/19/2012

  18. #18
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    19,848


    Yes | No
    007, honest question, how do you enjoy the tournament each year?

    You know that only one team wins it and, a lot of times, it's not the best team...it's just the nature of that beast

    If I had my way, we'd be playing an NBA style playoff setup and it would be the top 16 teams each year...that's how you crown the best team...that's not ever going to happen so we're stuck with what we've got

    Also, take into account Self's age...K and Roy had to figure it out later in life and I suspect Bill will too

  19. #19
    Supreme Leader
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eating Puppy Chow
    Posts
    16,230


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
    Yes. They all did. As did we, as we do every year. Oregon played well because we were completely unprepared....AGAIN.

    So if you lose before the F4, you shit down your leg. Is that right? Even if you lose to a top 10 team, which was the case for us.

    Did UK shit down their legs?


    (21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

  20. #20


    Yes | No
    OMG...no UK didn't shit down their leg. We didn't shit down our leg last year, it was one of the few. Oregon was not that good of a team. We played like complete shit because we were completely unprepared. It was like it was the first time we had seen a team play a matchup zone. Then, we just let them walk it up and take 26 seconds off the shot clock every possession. We LET Oregon dictate the game to us. With how well we'd been playing, you don't do that.

    And no Joe, I really don't enjoy the tournament very much. I appreciate the season way more now. If it was up to me, I'd do the basketball tourney just like they do the baseball tourney for D-1.

  21. #21
    Too Poor to Afford KenPom
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lawrence
    Posts
    2,101


    Yes | No
    007 is probably just salty that WSU lost in the second round.

    It's going to be OK, 007.
    Victoria Concordia Crescit

    Voted WtW's Most Knowledgeable About Basketball - 11/19/2012

  22. #22
    Supreme Leader
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eating Puppy Chow
    Posts
    16,230


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
    OMG...no UK didn't shit down their leg. We didn't shit down our leg last year, it was one of the few. Oregon was not that good of a team. We played like complete shit because we were completely unprepared. It was like it was the first time we had seen a team play a matchup zone. Then, we just let them walk it up and take 26 seconds off the shot clock every possession. We LET Oregon dictate the game to us. With how well we'd been playing, you don't do that.

    And no Joe, I really don't enjoy the tournament very much. I appreciate the season way more now. If it was up to me, I'd do the basketball tourney just like they do the baseball tourney for D-1.


    So if WSU had beat UK, then UK would have shit down their legs, right? I'm just trying to figure out your criteria here.


    (21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

  23. #23
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    19,848


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
    OMG...no UK didn't shit down their leg. We didn't shit down our leg last year, it was one of the few. Oregon was not that good of a team. We played like complete shit because we were completely unprepared. It was like it was the first time we had seen a team play a matchup zone. Then, we just let them walk it up and take 26 seconds off the shot clock every possession. We LET Oregon dictate the game to us. With how well we'd been playing, you don't do that.

    And no Joe, I really don't enjoy the tournament very much. I appreciate the season way more now. If it was up to me, I'd do the basketball tourney just like they do the baseball tourney for D-1.
    So, if Oregon wins the Tourney, your tune will change?

  24. #24


    Yes | No
    If you get beat by an inferior team because your team plays like a deer in headlights, you shit down your leg.

    Joe, if Oregon wins the tourney, I will eat crow and crown Dana Altman the best coach of all-time.

  25. #25
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    19,848


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
    If you get beat by an inferior team because your team plays like a deer in headlights, you shit down your leg.

    Joe, if Oregon wins the tourney, I will eat crow and crown Dana Altman the best coach of all-time.
    We'll add it to the "Steven Johnson" file

  26. #26
    Too Poor to Afford KenPom
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Lawrence
    Posts
    2,101


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
    If you get beat by an inferior team because your team plays like a deer in headlights, you shit down your leg.

    Joe, if Oregon wins the tourney, I will eat crow and crown Dana Altman the best coach of all-time.
    I get it, you're upset. But that your conclusions are incorrect.
    Victoria Concordia Crescit

    Voted WtW's Most Knowledgeable About Basketball - 11/19/2012

  27. #27
    Supreme Leader
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eating Puppy Chow
    Posts
    16,230


    Yes | No
    I think our 1-15 from 3 in the 2nd half has a lot to do with the loss but I don't recall many "bad" shots. Sometimes, shots just don't go in. I wouldn't call that shitting down your leg and more of bad luck.

    Did we play great? Nope obviously not. Was part of that because Oregon played well? Yes.


    (21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

  28. #28


    Yes | No
    Here's our tournament losses history and my thoughts on each loss:

    2017: Lost to Oregon (shit down leg)
    2016: Lost to Nova (tough game, better team won but really was a 50/50 game)
    2015: Lost to WSU (they were really just better than we were, hard to tell on this one)
    2014: Lost to Stanford (shit down leg)
    2013: Lost to Michigan (shit down leg)
    2012: Lost to UK (better team)
    2011: Lost to VCU (complete shit down leg)
    2010: Lost to UNI (shit down leg)
    2009: Lost to Mich St. (tough 50/50 game)
    2007: Lost to UCLA (tough 50/50 game)
    2006: Bradley (shit down leg)
    2005: Bucknell (shit down leg)
    2004: Georgia Tech (tough 50/50 game)

  29. #29
    Supreme Leader
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eating Puppy Chow
    Posts
    16,230


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
    If you get beat by an inferior team because your team plays like a deer in headlights, you shit down your leg.

    Joe, if Oregon wins the tourney, I will eat crow and crown Dana Altman the best coach of all-time.

    Wait a second, I don't think Villanova played deer in headlights at all against Wiscy. It was pretty back and forth the whole game if I recall. Your conclusions and logic seem to differ.


    (21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

  30. #30


    Yes | No
    z5,

    OR you miss shots because you are playing so tight and are unprepared (thus shitting down your leg).

  31. #31


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    Wait a second, I don't think Villanova played deer in headlights at all against Wiscy. It was pretty back and forth the whole game if I recall. Your conclusions and logic seem to differ.
    Jesus, you fucking critique every word dude. They are fucking expressions. I bet you are just a joy to hang out with. They lost to an inferior team because they didn't play their best. That is some form of shitting down your leg. They were the overall #1 seed and they lost to a mediocre #8 seed.

  32. #32
    Supreme Leader
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eating Puppy Chow
    Posts
    16,230


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawker007 View Post
    Here's our tournament losses history and my thoughts on each loss:

    2017: Lost to Oregon (shit down leg)
    2016: Lost to Nova (tough game, better team won but really was a 50/50 game)
    2015: Lost to WSU (they were really just better than we were, hard to tell on this one)
    2014: Lost to Stanford (shit down leg)
    2013: Lost to Michigan (shit down leg)
    2012: Lost to UK (better team)
    2011: Lost to VCU (complete shit down leg)
    2010: Lost to UNI (shit down leg)
    2009: Lost to Mich St. (tough 50/50 game)
    2007: Lost to UCLA (tough 50/50 game)
    2006: Bradley (shit down leg)
    2005: Bucknell (shit down leg)
    2004: Georgia Tech (tough 50/50 game)


    Did you know that Bill Self and Coach K have nearly identical tourney win % since Self started at KU? He even has more first round losses than Self! Oh and Self has 3 more E8 appearances.

    Look, I wish we would get to the Final Four more often too. But even if you have a 70% chance of winning every game, that's less than 25% chance you win all 4 and make a Final Four. The tournament is hard. And very rarely do you see an E8 (and to an extent S16) game where one team has a 70% chance of winning it. Take a breath, there's more to life than KU hoops. Drink a beer, smoke a joint and relax.


    (21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

  33. #33


    Yes | No
    Ha! I am completely content. I'm just calling it like I see it. I think my assessment of each year is completely fair. And, I think this year will be one that would be considered shitting down your leg. That's it.

    I used to get really pissed off, but I completely get it now and don't let it bother me (at least for long). I actually expected us to lose early in the tourney this year, and then we go and play like the 96' Bulls late against MSU and then against Purdue. They got my hopes up then, and I was an idiot for letting them. And then, boom.

  34. #34
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Limbo
    Posts
    19,848


    Yes | No
    If this is you content, I'd hate to see you really pissed off

  35. #35


    Yes | No
    It's just way more difficult to have an argument/discussion through a keyboard than face to face. I'm really not that pissed about the loss, I'm numb/used to it.

  36. #36


    Yes | No
    Anywho, this is a thread for looking ahead and not focus on last year. In that non conference game against UK, they will miss not only their usual one and dones, but 3 seniors (Mulder,Hawkins and Willis) who got some minutes, and have few shooters. Their strength will be on Defense. Also, the only team that could challenge us for 14 straight is WVU.

  37. #37


    Yes | No
    This was just announced that Miami-Princeton, but more importantly KU will play Cuse in the Miami Invitational. Chico, who will you be rooting for?

    (i first saw this on the CBB subreddit, couldn't find KU link)

    http://cuse.com/news/2017/3/29/HoophallInvite32917.aspx

  38. #38
    Magic Grue Trainer/Author
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Great Underground Empire
    Posts
    5,798


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    I think our 1-15 from 3 in the 2nd half has a lot to do with the loss but I don't recall many "bad" shots. Sometimes, shots just don't go in. I wouldn't call that shitting down your leg and more of bad luck.

    Did we play great? Nope obviously not. Was part of that because Oregon played well? Yes.

    This. The entire team pulled it's best 1995 Billy Thomas vs. Virginia impression. We had plenty of open looks and nearly all of them didn't drop. Sadly, that happens sometimes with teams that rely on the jump shot. Kudos to Bell and Oregon for the game-plan of shutting down our driving lanes and making us prove that we could hit outside. Had we shot our normal percentage, Oregon would have been forced to change it's defensive plan and the entire complexion of the game would have changed. We didn't and the rest is history.

  39. #39
    Supreme Leader
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eating Puppy Chow
    Posts
    16,230


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
    This. The entire team pulled it's best 1995 Billy Thomas vs. Virginia impression. We had plenty of open looks and nearly all of them didn't drop. Sadly, that happens sometimes with teams that rely on the jump shot. Kudos to Bell and Oregon for the game-plan of shutting down our driving lanes and making us prove that we could hit outside. Had we shot our normal percentage, Oregon would have been forced to change it's defensive plan and the entire complexion of the game would have changed. We didn't and the rest is history.


    Frank, Josh, Graham and Vick were something like 3-21 from 3 combined. If those 4 combine to shoot even 33% which is below all their season averages, it's a totally different ball game. Hell if Graham shoots 2-6 instead of 0-6, it's different.

    Also, nothing you can do about 2 junk 3's going in before half. Those were daggers.


    (21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

  40. #40


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu123 View Post
    This was just announced that Miami-Princeton, but more importantly KU will play Cuse in the Miami Invitational. Chico, who will you be rooting for?

    (i first saw this on the CBB subreddit, couldn't find KU link)

    http://cuse.com/news/2017/3/29/HoophallInvite32917.aspx
    Gotta root for the alma mater! That being said, I don't think we'll be much better than KU next year, if at all. I think the sanctions and uncertainty about Boeheim really hurt them on the recruiting trail these last couple years.

  41. #41
    Supreme Leader
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eating Puppy Chow
    Posts
    16,230


    Yes | No
    Something that I've been wondering about, with having two guys who *should* be good enough to start/contribute in the front court, will Self go back to a traditional 3 guard, 2 big lineup or stick with 4 guards?

    I can see both a Graham, Newman, Vick/Svi, Preston, Dok or Graham, Newman, Svi, Vick, Dok/Preston lineup. I lean towards going back to a more traditional lineup (unless Vick bulks up big time) but I hope that Self will use 4 guards when the matchup dictates it next year now that he's seen the success it can have.


    (21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

  42. #42
    Supreme Leader
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eating Puppy Chow
    Posts
    16,230


    Yes | No
    Question for 007. Did UCONN wimmenz shit down their legs? I mean they made a Final Four so that's pretty good. Not sure you can get mad about a Final Four, right?


    (21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

  43. #43
    Magic Grue Trainer/Author
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Great Underground Empire
    Posts
    5,798


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    Something that I've been wondering about, with having two guys who *should* be good enough to start/contribute in the front court, will Self go back to a traditional 3 guard, 2 big lineup or stick with 4 guards?

    I can see both a Graham, Newman, Vick/Svi, Preston, Dok or Graham, Newman, Svi, Vick, Dok/Preston lineup. I lean towards going back to a more traditional lineup (unless Vick bulks up big time) but I hope that Self will use 4 guards when the matchup dictates it next year now that he's seen the success it can have.
    At the very least, I see the 4-guard lineup as a nice card to have up your sleeve. Much like switching to some kind of match-up zone to confound an opponent, I could see switching to a 4-guard lineup in-game if our traditional offense isn't working - especially now that Self knows that it can be extremely effective at times. I think Self tried to do just that sort of switch-up against Oregon when our shots weren't falling and he had us feeding the post. We were just too thin inside, and Lucas was just out-matched by Bell - and our one-dimensionality was exposed. But if we have a full contingent of guards and bigs, I think we should be able freely switch our various offensive lineups quite effectively.

  44. #44


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    Question for 007. Did UCONN wimmenz shit down their legs? I mean they made a Final Four so that's pretty good. Not sure you can get mad about a Final Four, right?
    What are you babbling?

  45. #45


    Yes | No
    Either way I'm eating crow on how good Oregon is. They are much better than I am giving credit. When I watched the Michigan and Rhode Island games, I thought they looked poor, but they have played much better.

  46. #46
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NE KS
    Posts
    342


    Yes | No
    Last night Oregon had the shooting night that we had against them. That said, Roy's Boys played pretty well. Personally I think we would have been a tougher match-up for UNC.

  47. #47
    Part of the problem
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Sun City, Antarctica
    Posts
    10,110
    Twitter
    MissTCShore


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteJak View Post
    Last night Oregon had the shooting night that we had against them. That said, Roy's Boys played pretty well. Personally I think we would have been a tougher match-up for UNC.
    Maybe. UNC was the one team that I really didn't want to meet in the tournament. I think if we'd have played them last night, we'd have lost. They had a very good game, last night, and they have a much more balanced and deeper team that we had. That said, if we brought our A game, we might have had a chance.
    Grammar Police: To Correct and Serve -- Every time you misspell a word, the errorists win.

  48. #48
    Waterboy
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NE KS
    Posts
    342


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTCShore View Post
    Maybe. UNC was the one team that I really didn't want to meet in the tournament. I think if we'd have played them last night, we'd have lost. They had a very good game, last night, and they have a much more balanced and deeper team that we had. That said, if we brought our A game, we might have had a chance.
    We would have had to have a great shooting night for sure. I think Landen would stand his ground better than Oregon's front line did. Josh at his best is so disruptive and we would need that as well.

  49. #49
    Supreme Leader
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Eating Puppy Chow
    Posts
    16,230


    Yes | No
    UNC's (and Gonzaga's) big men would have destroyed us. They each have 2 of the better rotations down low in the country.


    (21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

  50. #50
    Magic Grue Trainer/Author
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    The Great Underground Empire
    Posts
    5,798


    Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    UNC's (and Gonzaga's) big men would have destroyed us. They each have 2 of the better rotations down low in the country.
    Gonzaga's front court rotation is loaded. We couldn't handle the 300+ pound Polack - and even if we managed to, in comes 1st round draft prospect, Collins. Then they have another long white guy to come in after them. My point is we survived against bigger teams by hitting outside and then running them until they got tired, and driving on them until they got into foul trouble. Hard to do that with 3 players that can rotate in without missing a beat.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •