Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the WavingTheWheat.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: President Trump

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Even if they went, Jeff Sessions would certainly not be able to recall their visit. Even if he potentially maybe had some conversations with them.
    Last edited by Jhawkz5; 06-13-2017 at 06:53 PM.

(21:01:09) ICThawk: z5 sweats swag and cums value

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhawkz5 View Post
    Even if they went, Jeff Sessions would certainly not be able to recall their visit. Even if he potentially maybe had some conversations with them.
    Do you find this funny? Do your friends? Just wondering...

Soft

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    I am torn on GSW's actions (and quite frankly, WGAF, it's a minuscule issue in the grand scheme of things).

I would generally agree with the idea of respecting the rank, not the man, but the election of Trump, and more importantly, his decorum (or lack thereof) in the office and in interactions with his political rivals is unprecedented. And, quite frankly, I think it has diminished the stature of the presidency to allow such a crude and ignorant man to hold the office.

Typically, yes, salute the office, not the man, but this man is doing a lot to damage the respectability of the office.

I personally would probably want to visit (just because it's a once-in-a-lifetime thing), but if I was a part of a team who voted not to visit, I wouldn't necessarily disagree with their motives and actions. Because I am not really a fan of what our democracy is turning into.
    This. I've hated Donald Fucking Trump ever since he first became famous and identified as a democrat. His election will be a stain on this country for a long, long time. Fuck him. And if GSW don't want to normalize him by giving him a photo op, good for them.

Soft

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTCShore View Post
    Geez, it's fucking basketball. They are only lowering themselves to the level that they believe he is at. If you can't walk into a room during a ceremony and be nice for 10 minutes, what does that say about you as a human being?
    Are they contractually obligated to do so? Do you think Trump would want them there for any reason other than using them for a photo op? Why should they bother? Out of respect? RESPECT??? For this monstrous cretin who respects no one that doesn't bear his stupid, fake, made up name? Fuck. Him.

Soft

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyDisease View Post
    I found it mildly humorous and topical.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyDisease View Post

I'm not able to be rushed this fast. It makes me nervous.

Part of the problem
    Twitter
    MissTCShore

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by Protist View Post
    Are they contractually obligated to do so? Do you think Trump would want them there for any reason other than using them for a photo op? Why should they bother? Out of respect? RESPECT??? For this monstrous cretin who respects no one that doesn't bear his stupid, fake, made up name? Fuck. Him.
    Doesn't every President do this for a photo op?
    Grammar Police: To Correct and Serve -- Every time you misspell a word, the errorists win.

Soft

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by MissTCShore View Post
    Doesn't every President do this for a photo op?
    Yes?

Yes | No
    Assuming they get invited, what does GSW have to gain by going? A good chunk of them have already been to the White House and their fanbase couldn't be less sympathetic to Trump.

Magic Grue Trainer/Author

Yes | No
    Durant hasn't. Doesn't he deserve some Presidential love?

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by FrobozMumbar View Post
    Durant hasn't. Doesn't he deserve some Presidential love?
    I doubt he cares.

Anyway, there are stakes with this for Trump, too, which is why I'd be surprised if the team gets an invite in the first place. How much of his base wants to see him cozy up to the Warriors like that?

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    For the record, I don't believe UNC has even been invited yet.

Yes | No
    For the record, I don't believe UNC has even been invited yet.
    And NC even voted for Trump.... California didn't, I wouldn't be shocked if his petty ass refuses to invite a CA team.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ono View Post
    And NC even voted for Trump.... California didn't, I wouldn't be shocked if his petty ass refuses to invite a CA team.

Roy didn't take UNC in 05 because they weren't invited until September, according to an article I read. They went in 09 but the article didn't mention when they got the invite.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    What do you all think of how McConnell/Senate are handling the drafting of the healthcare bill? No female input, no opposition input, no public hearing so far, some GOP senators are on record saying they don't even know what's in the bill. Particularly interested in hearing from our Republican leaning friends.

Yes | No
    What do you all think of how McConnell/Senate are handling the drafting of the healthcare bill? No female input, no opposition input, no public hearing so far, some GOP senators are on record saying they don't even know what's in the bill. Particularly interested in hearing from our Republican leaning friends.
    Guaranteed the response will be "well, it's just like Obamacare, ramming it through the legislature without any input from the other side."

Well, except for....

Almost no one is noting the extraordinary influence Republicans had on the healthcare reform bill crafted by the Senate, as it made its way through the committee process last year. The bill approved by Sen. Christopher Dodd’s Health, Education, Labor and Pensions committee, for instance, included 161 amendments authored by Republicans. Only 49 Republican amendments were rejected out of 210 considered. Yet the bill got zero Republican votes when it passed out of the committee.
    http://www.salon.com/2010/02/23/hcr_amendments/

You hear it from Republicans, pundits and even some Democrats. It’s often said in a tone of regret: I wish Obama had done health reform in a bipartisan way, rather than jamming through a partisan bill.

The lament seems to have the ring of truth, given that not a single Republican in Congress voted for Obamacare. Yet it is false —demonstrably so.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/14/o...obamacare.html

Yes | No

19225606_1586566674719297_2199280954326076567_n.jpg

Supreme Leader

Yes | No

Lotta good discussion.

I take this to mean you have no defense for what McConnell and co are doing?

Yes | No
    I think they should just repeal the whole thing without a replacement and just go back to the free market. Health care is not a right. Also, the SCOTUS decision regarding the ACA "tax" for just existing in the U.S. was a bullshit decision in the first place.

The Pubs are just too scared to take free or subsidized shit away from the voters - which is the entire problem with giving out free shit in the first place.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    I think they should just repeal the whole thing without a replacement and just go back to the free market. Health care is not a right. Also, the SCOTUS decision regarding the ACA "tax" for just existing in the U.S. was a bullshit decision in the first place.

The Pubs are just too scared to take free or subsidized shit away from the voters - which is the entire problem with giving out free shit in the first place.

My question wasn't about whether you agree or disagree with the bill.

My question was on HOW they're going about drafting it. That's what I really want to know.

Yes | No
    My question wasn't about whether you agree or disagree with the bill.

My question was on HOW they're going about drafting it. That's what I really want to know.

I'm not a Republican and I don't support what they are doing in the slightest, so I'm not sure what you want me to say here.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    I'm not a Republican and I don't support what they are doing in the slightest, so I'm not sure what you want me to say here.

That, really. That was the answer to the question.

Yes | No
    POTUS hasn't given an interview in weeks, a full press conference in months. Daily briefing can't be recorded. Senate writing bill in secret.

Fine.jpg

Out standing in my field

Yes | No
    Hey, I think President Trump is great...

...for me to poop on.
    (21:38:46) vorsk: tapeworms eat from the inside, I come inside you and you know I am there

(13:10:47) gravyshanks: nothing like a nude loamroll

Yes | No
    green thumbed for jefe appearance

please don't leave us

Out standing in my field

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by qwertyu123 View Post
    green thumbed for jefe appearance

please don't leave us
    I had no idea this site was as active as it now appears to be. Last time I was here I saw crickets riding tumbleweeds...

To quote one of our most beloved former coaches (lulz), "I'm stayin'!"
    (21:38:46) vorsk: tapeworms eat from the inside, I come inside you and you know I am there

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJefe58 View Post
    I had no idea this site was as active as it now appears to be. Last time I was here I saw crickets riding tumbleweeds...

To quote one of our most beloved former coaches (lulz), "I'm stayin'!"

Out standing in my field

Yes | No
    ...on second thought.

I keed, I keed. HOLY FAWK I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M BACK AND SO MANY OF YOUSE GUISE ARE STILL HERE AND I HAVE THE STRANGEST BONER RIGHT NOW

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by ElJefe58 View Post
    ...on second thought.

I keed, I keed. HOLY FAWK I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M BACK AND SO MANY OF YOUSE GUISE ARE STILL HERE AND I HAVE THE STRANGEST BONER RIGHT NOW

Good thing you're back. You haven't paid your site dues and with interest you have racked a bill of $4,583.

We accept paypal, venmo, cash or zj's.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No

So based on this, you're against medicaid and medicare?

Yes | No
    So based on this, you're against medicaid and medicare?
    How does Medicaid and Medicare for the poor equate to declaring health care being a universal right? That's like saying because I don't support universal basic income that I'm against welfare for extremely poor people.

Are you against logical deductive reasoning?

Yes | No
    This is probably the biggest problem with the progressive left - it's all or nothing. Black or white. This is exactly why independents and moderates are moving to the right or just staying home. And why the Dems keep losing elections.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    How does Medicaid and Medicare for the poor equate to declaring health care being a universal right? That's like saying because I don't support universal basic income that I'm against welfare for extremely poor people.

Are you against logical deductive reasoning?
    You said "The Pubs are just too scared to take free or subsidized shit away from the voters - which is the entire problem with giving out free shit in the first place."

Is that not exactly what Medicaid and Medicare are?

Yes | No
    You said "The Pubs are just too scared to take free or subsidized shit away from the voters - which is the entire problem with giving out free shit in the first place."

Is that not exactly what Medicaid and Medicare are?
    Yes, and have you followed the history of the debates surrounding the funding and scope of these - it would fill volumes.

But what does financially subsidizing healthcare for the poor and elderly (a limited population) have to do with declaring healthcare (the product of someone else's education and labor) to be a right of all citizens? And, more importantly, what does Medicaid and Medicare have to do with the ACA's imposition of the one and only "tax" (in quotes because it's SCOTUS created bullshit) on all citizens just for breathing the air in this country (the ONLY way that the ACA can withstand the laws of economics)?

Yes | No
    ^^^ I'll weigh in here. Not exactly sure what you mean when you say healthcare is the product of someone else's education and labor? Let's look at pre-Obamacare and post-Obamacare.

I am one of the ones that benefited tremendously from Obamacare. I am not poor or elderly or uneducated. I simply am an insulin dependent diabetic, and seeing as how I was working for myself at the time the healthcare industry could decide that they did not want to provide me health insurance at any rate. Well, in my mind health insurance is something you simply cannot live without, so I ended up getting it through the state of Kansas. It was expensive (about $900 a month just for me) and had a $5,000 deductible but it was my only option. Now Obamacare comes along and while it is far from perfect, the insurance companies are no longer allowed to cherry pick who they cover and who they don't. Good for Obamacare. Call me a left wing pinko but I think that affordable health insurance is something every person should have a right to. There were tons of things wrong with Obamacare, but the basic idea of affordable insurance regardless of pre-existing conditions was not one of them.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Yes, and have you followed the history of the debates surrounding the funding and scope of these - it would fill volumes.

But what does financially subsidizing healthcare for the poor and elderly (a limited population) have to do with declaring healthcare (the product of someone else's education and labor) to be a right of all citizens? And, more importantly, what does Medicaid and Medicare have to do with the ACA's imposition of the one and only "tax" (in quotes because it's SCOTUS created bullshit) on all citizens just for breathing the air in this country (the ONLY way that the ACA can withstand the laws of economics)?

You seemed to hate the idea of giving out free shit, but then you defend medicaid/medicare. I was just trying to get your baseline on entitlements. It wasn't clear to me, maybe that's how I was reading it and misinterpreting what you were saying.

Yes | No
    I mean that every other "right" in the U.S. is based on inalienable human rights - freedoms that do not depend on others' performance of any act. If health care is labeled a "right" then you are saying that you have a "right" to have somebody treat your ailments. At it's core, that is forced labor. And insurance is a for-profit industry. They should not be required to sign people up that will, without question, require them to pay out more than someone will ever pay in. Capitalism doesn't work that way. If a doctor has a specialized skill, shouldn't he have the right to treat whomever he wants at the fee that he wants? Shouldn't insurance companies have the right to take or leave clients based on their financial projections? Why should one person's seeking of care trump the rights of those who provide it?

The ACA got around all this with help from SCOTUS creating a magical "tax" out of thin air as part of a nationwide risk-pool effort. But that "tax" amounts to people being forced to buy into the pool or be fined into the pool against their will. It is essentially a "tax" just for existing in the U.S. That's not freedom - not for the insurance companies and not for the people being pushed into the risk pools.

Medicare and Medicaid are government programs for financial assistance, they are not part of a "right" to health care. The ACA was purported to operate along those same lines UNTIL the "tax" changed the scope of the argument. And here's the rub: it passed in part because the Dems didn't portray it as a HUGE capital expenditure. They played it like it was good for everyone and would lower health care costs for everyone - remember "It'll lower your insurance costs" and "If you like your plan, you can keep your plan?" Well that was built on the back of that bullshit "tax" levied on healthy younger people being forced to pay for other people's problems. There is ZERO chance that the ACA would have passed if Congress had to approach it as just a straight up government funded program - no one would have been able to sell it to their constituents. Now that economic realities have hit home, and it has become apparent that working people's premiums are skyrocketing, not getting cheaper, and a lot of people were not able to keep those plans they liked, the progressive left is now trying to tout healthcare as a "right" in an attempt to force a single-payer system. Well, I've seen first hand what a government controlled single-payer system looks like - it's called the VA. How's that model working for "free" healthcare?

Yes | No
    ^^^ So you are okay with Mylan raising the price of an Epipen 535% over a seven year period?

Yes | No
    You seemed to hate the idea of giving out free shit, but then you defend medicaid/medicare. I was just trying to get your baseline on entitlements. It wasn't clear to me, maybe that's how I was reading it and misinterpreting what you were saying.
    I'm not defending anything. I'm saying it's not part of the same conversation as the ACA or the "right" to healthcare. One, they were put in place before my time on this earth, so I didn't have an opinion on it's creation. Two, it's a financial assistance model, not a "right" to health care - totally different animal with totally different implications. Three, as a financial assistance model, it is constantly being manipulated by Congress, and likewise by the voters, as to how much it get's funded etc. - it answers to the voters, "rights" do not. Four, once given, financial entitlements are a political nightmare to get rid of - people don't like stuff being taken away from them - and my personal opinions don't change that reality. Five, just because I generally prefer not to have the government teat out for all to suckle, I understand that some people need help - but that help should be fiscally limited and not impinge on the rights and/or pocketbooks (too much) of others (again, the answer to the voters thing).

Yes | No
    Quote Originally Posted by beakumhawks View Post
    ^^^ So you are okay with Mylan raising the price of an Epipen 535% over a seven year period?
    Yes. It's their drug. They can weigh the profits against the PR nightmare and make their own decisions. I personally think it was a bad decision on their part, but I also think that it is perfectly within their rights to make it.

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Anyone else worried about how much this new Internet Tax is gonna cost?!

Yes | No
    I'm always worried about any new theft...er wealth redistribution...er tax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapadatass

Yes | No
    I know we are not supposed to post personal photos of other posters, but I could not resist posting this video of Froboz

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    So today we found out that Jared told Joe and Mika to be nice and Donald would stop a National Enquirer story. They didn't play ball so the story ran and now Donald is railing against them.

It's almost like, I don't know, this family is...corrupt?

Supreme Leader

Yes | No
    Oh and Kobach wants voter rolls from every state. That seems fine.

Yes | No
    But her emails